Why do girls want to be friends after break up?

I would rather you hate me or love me but not be indifferent
Does it mean that you still care about a guy and want to keep him around just in case you change your mind OR you want to be JUST friends and never anything more OR are you just trying to make break up sound less painful?
I'm still confused lol

169

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't know how to let go and being friends makes it seem like they still have some sort of relationship with you

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, I don't see the point, move on and go separate ways!

• I personally agree with you sir anon

• We concur! lol. It's what I've always done, I don't think I'm missing out on anything and it's good to make a clean break.