Will this guy get over his commitment issues?

Met a guy whos 35, im 22. dated 5-6 months.during that time he did ask me to be his girlfriend &he said he was so happy& couple days later said he was drunk when he asked& that we aren't there yet and didn't wanna hurt my feelings.(he truly had been drinking that night) I could tell he had commitment issues. he went out a lot on weekends and drank. But he's a good guy, w good morals, good job, etc. super funny. he lost his mom a few years ago and had a horrible heartbreak;he didn't tell me much about but mentioned he moved across country bc he got tired of chasing the same girl. well, while dating i mentioned something along the lines of not seeing him as often as i should for how long weve dated and he was like "ooo she wants to get serious w me" in a silly voice and then was talking and was like "maybe i got proooooblems. " anyway he ended bc of supposed age difference. but i told him he was just wouldn't open up and broke things off bc he knew it got to the point where things should progress. anyway ran into him months later downtown and he took me home w him that night bc his friend was trying to hit on me.next couple months same thing happened and we woould go to breakfast and the movies . he tried to play it off like we were just friends but it was more.one night when i was over he was like "its just the age diff, i wouldn't want to marry u and die before u "..blah blah. anyway sis ran into him downtown drunk and told him i was took good for him,etc. he called me and said to delete his number and that he would only let me down if he dated me and he was heartbroken and a closed book and people dont change, &doesnt know y i like him bc he's an ass. i said thats not true and cried and said i wanted him to open up. anyway next day, he texted me sorry for 2 am drinking drama and tried to tell me he's not the guy for me. we kind of left it at that bc he never answered what i said back. would he do this to any girl?or was i just not the right one

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like he could be a nice guy, definitely he does have issues. The biggest issue I see is that he sounds like an alcoholic to me. So I'd be careful with that... The age thing is bullshit!

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone can. It will just take time. Be with him and be supportive. Try to have him cut back on his drinking because that doesn't make the problem go away a lot of the time: it makes them worse.