Confusing Ex... He acts fine but does things that confuse me. What does it all mean?

So I broke up with my ex about two weeks ago because he was too "friendly" as in touchy with other girls and would get mad at me for talking to the guy friends in our group. Now we've had our ups and downs but in the end it felt like I was the only one trying to keep it together. Near the end he was acting like its ok for me to go out with my friend without him because he wanted me to, probably because he'd go out with my friends whenever I wasn't in town. Sometimes without saying he was. For a bit it was fine, but something happened that just didn't make me feel comfortable so I put an end to our relationship. He pleaded for another chance for it wasn't his second and I told him I just couldn't because he always said he would and didn't. Before we parted he told me "I'm not saying bye" because he was going to win me back and I did want that just didn't want to be dragged along waiting for it to happen. Anyways he kissed me and left. We ended up talking later that night but he had gone out with my friends again and well I was kinda hurt that he was acting so casual. He told me he loved me every night for three days until I was mad one night and said something short. Did I ruin something? Anyways we didn't talk but he texts my sisters... They told me he was sad and feeling hurt about me being mean and well I contacted him after three days later. He hasn't said I love you again, but did like this video of a family growing up and going through hardships saying "reminds me of you". Made me cry and well I do want him back but as I said I don't want to be the only one working this time. We didn't talk much until the weekend after and we missed each other af a local club. Later he got drunk and was blaming me for something that wasn't my fault. I told him that's him trying to get out of his guilt. He said it was so I could be mad and move on... I'm really confused. Haven't talked in a week but he contacted my little sister? What's that mean? Is he messing with me or?
Will he want to make it work if I just leave it be? Do I have to get him to talk to me or do I have to initiate? Please help!

01