How to break up with someone nicely?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month, but I just dont think its going to work out. I loved it when we were just friends. Even when we started dating nothing has really changed. I'm his first girlfriend, and I feel like he would be heart broken. I dont want to hurt him. My dad doesn't approve of our relationship, and I honestly just dont know what to do. We planned out so many things for the future, but I just want to be friends. I think we're better off as friends. How do I break up with him kindly?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever you do, forget the "just friends" stuff. It's one of the most demeaning things a woman can say to the man who loves her. He's a big boy. He can handle the truth and the pain that goes with it. Just don't string him along because you don't want to hurt him because it will have the opposite effect.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well honestly you can try to put it as nice as you can but in the end of the day a breakup is a breakup it still will hurt and regardless some people will still take it more offensively then others. All you can do really is explain to him as nice as possible how you feel. Only you can find the closest to perfect words that you can tell him to help him to understand.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE