I am beyond hurt/insulted! I need some comfort please?

I am so insulted, so I was with my best friend and she recently made a profile for "plenty of fish" and was over at my house showing me the site ( I had just literally ended a 5 month long relationship 2 weeks ago) and I wasn't looking for another relationship but I thought it'd be fun just to look at the pics with her.... low and behold she scrolls down... there's my ex's profile.. the one that just broke up with me 2 weeks ago, looking for a relationship and he had a link to an okcupid... am I over reacting here or is that just so rude and insulting? It made me feel sick and sad and feel that heartbreak all over again, I hate him now but it's like I'm still hurt because I did love him... but why does this bother me so much?? :(

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure why it bothers you so much. Us people are confusing beings. by the way, he may have just set up a profile to look at pics (you were looking at pics too) or maybe he's looking for someone new (sounds like you weren't). Either way, that is basically his business and his life to lead. I know that doesn't make it any easier for you. I'd just try to direct your thoughts and energies somewhere more positive. Some don't deal well with being single and unattached at all (not always a good thing) and others may do better in the long run by taking time to ask self questions about what is really important in a bf/gf. Hold out for the right one.

What Guys Said 4

• You are hurt because you are still healing from the breakup and not ready to move on, but yet he is. You feel he should also be taking some time to reflect maybe. Honestly, you are over thinking it. Like it or not he is simply moving on. You will be ok and you will be able to move on to when you are ready. Don't worry about what he is doing.

• I think it bothers you so much because he clearly didn't have the same feelings for you that you had for him. If he really loved you he wouldn't be trying to find a new GF 2 weeks after breaking up with you. I'm sure you'll find a guy who likes you as much as you like him soon

• what's so bad about him looking for a new rel?

• This bothers you bc you truly loved him😊 but I think you should move on n you'll soon find someone who'll love you too 😊

What Girls Said 4

• Most guys do this even before they break up, because they are planning to, but want to see what's out there before they do. It's pretty low but just be thankful you aren't with the jerk anymore. Don't contact him over it because you'll come off looking petty and stalkerish.

• Well, you guys broke up... maybe he misses the affection and attention u once had. Maybe he was seeking it. Maybe he's lonely without you too

• I think I understand, he was looking for something he already had. But you have to be minutely understanding that you guys probably didn't have what his standards are for relationships.

• Because you still love him, you still care, i am so sorry for you but you need to ignore it, it takes a lot but you need to be strong, don't show any weakness , i hope you'll be okay !