When you break up with an ex do you give the things they brought you back? Also do you give their belongings back or do you keep it?

Breakups are very hard and tough.So the do you give your ex's stuff back or do you keep everything for your self.

61

Most Helpful Girl

• It's entirely up to you but I often return it. I returned all the expensive jewellery because I couldn't exactly wear them again, one was an eternity ring with "forever yours" engraved inside so it just wasn't right having it when he no longer was mine and I couldn't wear it anymore. I told him to give it to someone else he thought was the one. Giving stuff (including all gifts to me) back helps me move on, gets rid of baggage and makes him remember what he's lost and the good times. I'm normally quite possessive of my things, but not when it comes to stuff like that. It's a large sign that you're done.

• You make good points. I do know that some girls keep the jewelry and some even throw it away. But that is good that you at least give it back even with other stuff. That is true it does gets rid of extra baggage.

Most Helpful Guy

• when i broke up i told her i never wanted to see her again...
    she has like 3 sweaters, a belt, 2 shirts, and many pajamas
    i really hope she didn't throw them out and gave them to her younger brother

• That sucks man that she kept your stuff. I hope she does give it to her younger brother. A lot of girls just throw the stuff away because they let their emotions get the bets of them. It's like just give it back or donate it instead of let it go to waste.

• Hope it went ok man!

• Yeah Thanks. It did. Lol