When you break up with an ex do you give the things they brought you back? Also do you give their belongings back or do you keep it?

Breakups are very hard and tough.So the do you give your ex's stuff back or do you keep everything for your self.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's entirely up to you but I often return it. I returned all the expensive jewellery because I couldn't exactly wear them again, one was an eternity ring with "forever yours" engraved inside so it just wasn't right having it when he no longer was mine and I couldn't wear it anymore. I told him to give it to someone else he thought was the one. Giving stuff (including all gifts to me) back helps me move on, gets rid of baggage and makes him remember what he's lost and the good times. I'm normally quite possessive of my things, but not when it comes to stuff like that. It's a large sign that you're done.

0|1
    0|0
    • You make good points. I do know that some girls keep the jewelry and some even throw it away. But that is good that you at least give it back even with other stuff. That is true it does gets rid of extra baggage.

Most Helpful Guy

• when i broke up i told her i never wanted to see her again...
    she has like 3 sweaters, a belt, 2 shirts, and many pajamas
    i really hope she didn't throw them out and gave them to her younger brother

0|1
    0|0
    • That sucks man that she kept your stuff. I hope she does give it to her younger brother. A lot of girls just throw the stuff away because they let their emotions get the bets of them. It's like just give it back or donate it instead of let it go to waste.

• Show All
    • Hope it went ok man!

• Yeah Thanks. It did. Lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Anything that's obviously his, like clothing and stuff, I give back, or get rid of if we've already cut ties. Anything he brought as a gift I keep, or you know, do whatever I want with it, but it's mine. And I'd expect him to react the exact same with my thing/things I gave him.

0|1
    0|0
  • If the boyfriend has given it to me as a present then I consider it mine and would just dispose of it when we breakup. If it was borrowed then I would give it back to him.

0|1
    0|0
  • if it's something that they own (like clothing) definitely give it back. if it was obviously a gift, it's yours.

1|1
    0|0
  • If I know it is something special to them or they ask for their stuff back then I will. Other then that, I usually dispose of everything else.

0|1
    0|0
    • That is good that you would at least give their stuff back to them.

• *if it's theirs, i give back
    *if it's a gift, i keep and use
    *if it's something of mine i left behind, i won't ask for it back however nice the thing was

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes