I want to keep the peace?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up but I will still see him almost every week. I told him I wanted to keep it civilized but keeping him as a friend on Facebook is killing me. If I deleted him would he take that as a sign of being hostile?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Then talk to him. Tell him you would still like to be civil but seeing his day to day on Facebook isn't necessary and you would like to delete him. He shoud be 100% okay with that.

What Guys Said 3

• Not if you explained the action.

• I haven't had any contact with him since the break up so if I do it now I wouldn't really want to talk to him about it.

• Well, then I guess you could just hide his actions and activities. I believe that is possible without deletion.

• You are one smart cookie. Thank you haha.

• Explain it to him... If you're not friends anymore he should understand that...
    Shouldn't he?

• Isn't it weird how we try so hard to be friends with ex's, but yet, it just doesn't work

What Girls Said 2

• If you find it is 'Killing me' inside, then I believe that you should tell him straight out that you feel it might be better, now that you are not together, to just Delete him so you can both move on.
    If he thinks it is because you are 'Being hostile,' then in reality, he is the sore sport who can't accept your wise decision to just make it one step further to get on with your own lives.
    Good luck. xx

• No, it doesn't make things easier for you if you still see/talk to him after you break up, so it's not hostile at all