Girls, question about being newly single?

I'm a newly single 45 year old who has had only one sex partner. Is this something that I should avoid talking about

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer men who have as little experience as possible but I have to like him as well. I would not date a guy with a lot of sexual experience as he is more likely to cheat on me or dump me when I get ugly and old.

3|0
    0|0
    • Maybe true. But I do have a lot of sexual experience. Just with one person. I just don't know if what worked with my late wife will work with other women.

• By sexual experience I don't mean comfort level with the idea of sex, I mean number of sexual partners. I don't want a guy with a high sexual count.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• Don't mention this but if they bring it up say that you've only been with one persons before... Honestly this is amazing... Like @523206720 said its lovely for a woman to find a man with not much experience, you seem pure and more husband material than playboy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would thjnk this isn't something that comes up in normal conversation until and unless you have been dating someone for a while and they ask about your sexual history. It's not like you go on a date and she would randomly ask hey how many people have you slept with. If someone did that to me on a date the answer would be "none of your business." And I certainly hope you won't just throw that out there without being asked.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's something you should talk about with your next lover not with a date... I have always thought and still do one should not speak of their past lovers with new lovers because the other can use it to manipulate you

1|0
    0|0
  • the less people a man has been with i find so much more attractive, when i got with my kids dad he had only been with 5 woman and he was 20 back then and i loved it so much! most guys slept with loooads and its a complete off put! he did end up sleeping with 8 other woman in our now ended relationship though.

1|0
    0|0
  • After I had gotten divorced and started dating, I was 40 and I had only been with one guy, so I sort of understand your feeling, though, of course, these things aren't quite the same for men and women.

I find it's always better to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is so sweet. It shouldn't be something you should be embarrassed about or anything. Girls will find that attractive :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I would leave some thing as privelaged information, answer if asked about it. if not, never off extra information. even though this is not necessarily going to be viewed as a negative thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that would 've dishonest. It's not something you need to talk about on the first date or anything, but it should be said at some point. Could be sexy to some women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure it'll come up eventually, but no, that's not a first date opener. Honestly, if you're so concerned about it that you mention it early on, she's going to be concerned about it. Let it be - it's just a fact. When it comes to actual sex, your new partner are either going to enjoy themselves or they aren't. Be open about being willing to learn, but honestly, anyone who hears you were married for an extended period of time is going to know there's going to be a learning curve. After all, even if you'd had multiple partners beforehand, you'd still build habits catering to one woman that you're going to be changing now that there's new partners with different preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Maybe not right off the bat, but as you grow closer to to her it would be something to include, and it'd also be relevant then vs. sooner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes