Gagers, the day has finally come... :/?

I guess we all knew this day was coming... right?

It feels so out of the blue, though. He texted me. Saying he thinks he wants to take a break and see how he does without me. That if things don't change then he'll leave.

Then he said he wouldn't leave me. Because he just couldn't.

Apparently he's been feeling this way for a long time, but never told me, despite me asking. I'd always had a feeling.

I'm heart broken. I knew it wasn't good, but I didn't know he thought it was bad enough to think about leaving.

I guess I feel betrayed. I don't want to lose him, but I don't know how I can go on being with someone that's not sure about us.

If he really loved me, he wouldn't be thinking this, right?

Please, some words of advice.

58

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen some of your questions and it's obvious you've worried this would happen for a long time. He does seem to have treated you poorly for a while and it seems like it could only have gotten worse.

I'm sorry but imho, you're better off. You might not feel like it now but at least you can try and move on now.

• I know. I'm just really devastated. It's so hard because the only person that I want to talk to is him. And I can't

• I understand. Well... actually I don't.
      I've said to you that I've never been in a relationship which is why I was always reluctant to tell you what to do in your situation. But it seemed obvious that this was always going to end and you seemed to acknowledge it too.

You're a good person and deserve better. Hopefully now you can move on to better things and better people.
      If you ever want to talk, you can message me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would definitely find out WHAT is making him feel this way. I do not understand why people think it's better to suffer in silence in their relationship while leaving their partner ignorant... and then spring it on them later.

It's NOT a good idea and can usually lead to resentment, cheating, or what's happened to you.

He needs to put his feelings into words. "What" needs to change? The relationship isn't good "why"? It seems clear to me that he cares for you deeply and doesn't want to leave you.

And no, he can think things like this and still love you. It happens to women all the time and can happen to men as well.

• I mean, he told me what's wrong. It's just upsetting because his problems are the ones that I've been openly trying to fix between us for at least the past 6 months. When I asked if he felt the same, he said no. It just hurts to know he was lying. I don't get how when I have grievances, nothing changes, but when he does, it's grounds for breaking up?

• Hmm. That seems like a very one-sided relationship and selfish. Your voice counts as well. I can understand your being hurt and I hope you brought up this issue.

If he doesn't believe your "issues" are as big as his, he needs to get a clue. They may be different issues but both are important.

• They were the same issues. That's what makes me so mad.