How do you get an ex back slowly with out looking desperate?

This guy was my first love. I still care about him very much and may be in love with him still. I dated one other person after we broke up but it wasn't the same and I want to try and work things out. I sent him a message apologizing and in his reply he said that he can't be friends with me because he still has feelings for me. We continued to text for a little bit and at one point got a little bit flirty, we ended the conversation off on a positive note And during the entire conversation was positive. Is there anyway to get an ex back? I am in no means in a rush and would prefer to take the slower route but after he said that he can't be friends because he still has feelings for me obviously, is that a good or bad sign?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow one other person... I think you need to try more than one other guy. A representative sample is considered seven or more in statistics.

Try that and see if you end up with someone comparable or better.