What's the hardest thing about a break up?

Like the question states.

• giving each others stuff back
  • going back to way things were before you met them
  • realizing you'll never do those same things with them again
    Vote C
  • watching them be with someone else
    Vote D
  • other (comment)
    Vote E
  • results
    Vote F

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Being alone after is the hardest part. Especially if they were the one that ended things. Then after you finally think you've pulled yourself together you see them again and fall apart all over again. You start to think that its not worth the pain wondering why it hurts so badly. In the back of your mind you already know the answer. It hurts so much because it is real. Its not something thats just in your head its something that you feel deep down in your soul. Something you can't be without but at the same time you can't have them. That lonesomeness is crushing. It destroys people.

What Guys Said 5

• For me the hardest part is just being alone. After a while you don't miss the particular person anymore, you just miss being hugged and kissed and just wish there was somebody new to do it with.

Its hard to start over, because you got so far with your ex. All gamers will understand this: its like getting EXTREMELY far into a game, but then forgetting to save your data and having to start all over.

• The being alone after being used to being with someone.

• "The waiting is the hardest part." - Tom Petty

• I say all of the above, It always hurt. It's just that feeling that you had, torn and lost, then you don't know what to do.
    However, some exes are different from others. Mine are different and we are good friends, although, all options apply to both of us in the sense of hurt.

• B and C... I don't want to say D, I want her to be happy.

I'm in a situation that feels like we're breaking up in slow motion.

What Girls Said 4

• ... Realizing you'll never do those same things with them again...
    I still have a husband who, I left in Egypt 3 years ago, deciding to come back to the states. However, I never dreamed that I might not ever come back, for now the Middle East has gotten even worse and with our other personal marital problems, it has caused much strife in our life and many times we Break up and make up and Now... no talking.
    This is the One thing I think I will miss the most if God doesn't see fit for me to return to at least visit him. I miss the times in Egypt when we were together in our apartment in the family house and the other moments we shared with his family. xx

• For me personally the hardest bit is seeing them be with someone else im pretty convinced it only took my last boyfriend all of 5 hours to get over our 3 year relationship and in that time he was already chatting up other girls and then had a new girlfriend 2 weeks later so yeah im gonna say that

• Remembering good memories. They hurt the most.

• To me, it wouldn't be the same being with somebody else.