What's the First Thing You'd Do If You Found Out Your Partner was Cheating?

• Confront them immediately
  • Shame them on social media
  • Destroy their belongings
    Vote C
  • Empty joint bank account
    Vote D
  • Confront their lover
    Vote E
  • Catch them in the act
    Vote F
  • Break up and walk away
    Vote G
Update: After lots of votes and really interesting comments, GaGers have had their say on cheating! A great majority, a whopping 74% would either confront their partner immediately or break up and walk away. A notable 10% would try to catch them in the act. The stats reveal that not many want to waste their time and energy on an unfaithful partner, and have the ability to deal with the situation straight on, or have the courage to walk away. Thanks for all your votes!

134142

Most Helpful Guy

• considering I've been cheated on twice I do have solid experience.

both times once I found out I immediately confronted the person.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • ooh sorry for that , it must has really affected your self-steam , did you break up both times? could you move on easily?

• sorry for the late response I've been dealing with a bunch of stuff recently.

did I break up both times? Yes. Although both times briefly I wondered if we cold stay together but I could never see the person again. I couldn't trust them

Could you move on easily? The first time yes. I was in college and my gf or ex was in school about 100miles away so it was already long distance. I was able to just keep myself very busy. The second time not easy. I was deeply in love and had even bought an engagement ring. It took me maybe 2 months to be able to get on with my life and about a year to fully get over the girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• One time, I dated a guy (who I didn't live with) and when he informed me that he was with someone else, I had all his stuff sitting in my apartment. I'm talking super nice quality clothes. I put them all in a box and donated them to a men's shelter. I still smile thinking of all those homeless men who went from rags to wearing designer sweaters thanks to one stupid guy. When he asked me where his stuff went, I cheerfully told him he was good enough to donate it all.

Another time, a guy had been fishing all over the internet on dating and sex sites behind my back. It wasn't hard to get in to his email, so I went on to all of the sites, changed his preference to "looking for men" changed his name to something hilariously disgusting like: IHaveHerpes, and added a title like, "I have a girlfriend and this is what happens when you get caught on sites like this." Or if no title was to be had, just leave it, and allow gay men find him in their searches (sorry, gay men). I also changed the photo to something absolutely terrible from my photos such as one of him popping a zit.

I have so many other examples of getting guys back for stuff, not just for cheating, but honestly - I let them know if they screw me over some how, I will find a way to get my money's worth of a bit of payback. I can't say they weren't forewarned, but damn, like it's so hard to just say 'hey it's not working out' and end it. No, instead if they cheated, ripped me off, or did something destructive, hell yes they were going to pay for it somehow.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE