I want to leave but I'm scared. What do I do?

My boyfriend of 2 & a half years has decided to break up or at least to have some "space" he's 27 I am 21 and we have a 6 month old .

Recently I found out he was texting a number and I asked if she was the reason why he said no . But that he liked the feeling he got when he started talking to her . And that he rather leave then to cheat on me . & That he was only using her . Then he told me he was going out w. a friend to only find out he was not at his friends house but in the town that the girl is located (I believe she's located out there) and I bugged out on him via text , but he kept ignoring my calls while being out . He told me he would come back home but it's 5 am and nothing & I obviously can't sleep , I barely eat . We still live together , still kiss , say I love you , text during the day , FaceTime during break , I don't want to lose him , I know I should give him space but it's so painful . I want to stay but I think it would be best for me to leave .

And when I say im gonna leave he starts saying why am I leaving that he doesn't want to lose us but yet he wants to be single .

20