Is there anyone on here who has gone through cancer cuz I think you only guys can understand?

I hear it is very common for people to feel very lonely who go through cancer even when they are surrounded with loved ones they still feel very lonely. I hope I'm not the only one out there that felt like this. I was diagnosed with a brain tumer at three and a half years old and my last surgery you dealing with cancer I was 8. I felt very lonely when I was going through cancer even though my mom was with me 24 7 and that feeling of loneliness never really went away though now I'm all better (I'm now 17). I have days where I don't feel lonely anymore but that only last for a short while and then when I feel lonely again it feels stronger.

I met a guy last summer and he was the only person that I have ever met that made me feel like I wasn't alone. I'm not sure why? He wasn't anything special I was just really attracted to him, in fact he was kind of a jerk, but he like filled some kind of avoid that was in my heart I guess ; (

I broke up with him a little over a month ago. I miss him so much it hurt I know I deserve better than him so I would pay that my chemo brain would kik in and erase the memory of him. now today I'm starting to forget. I can't remember all the little details it's, like there are black holes in my memory. I know what we did but I don't remember and pacific details. I thought forgetting would help me move on but I'm sartting to feel lonely again. Is there anything I can do to make this feeling stop?

01

What Guys Said 1

• 1) Congrats on beating cancer! That is amazing!

2) You should find a support group (if you need help finding a local one, PM me)

3) My dad recently died of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (he passed on the 27th) and before he went, he found a support group and it helped him immensely.

• 1) thank you. technically I didn't beat it but it's dormant and has been for years now.

2) I'm part of a group called It Ain't Chemo here in Las Vagas unfortunately that is were I met the man that stole my hart.

3) I'm so sorry to hear about your dad

What Girls Said 0