How often do you think about your most recent ex?

yeah, i'm having difficulties 'letting go', 'getting over it', 'knowing what's best for you (ie me)". i know all of that. i've been through so many heartbreaks i don't need that sort of advice. but something is off when i cry out of nowhere. this has never happened before, and this is the first breakup that has caused me to do so. my eyes literally start welling and i break down randomly- i was studying and it happened. all of a sudden he popped into my head and memories started playing like a broken record. i caught myself imagining what it would be like if he was in my room right now here with me if we were still together. i am on the second last page of my lecture notes and for the past half hour i hadn't been processing a single word. he's invading everything.

and i was wondering if you guys experience this too. how often do you think about your ex? this doesn't mean you want to get back together, it's literally just feeling like crap, involuntarily. i know my ex was a jackhole. but i can't seem to stop thinking about him nor wondering what he's doing nor wondering if he's totally over me since he broke up with me.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't stopped thinking of her since it happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think about him often, but not often. It's kind of hard to explain. I don't think about it him a negative or positive way, but if there is something that reminds me of him, then I will bring him up or think of him. We didn't have a bad break-up per se. It wasn't mutual. I broke up with him and he kept trying to get back with me so I blocked his number on my phone, deleted all of our texts, and unfriended him on all social media sites. He was a terrible boyfriend and was very manipulative and insensitive to my feelings and all that shit, but I didn't tell him what was wrong and I just ended it because even if I tried to he wouldn't listen to me. I don't hate him, but I can say that I never want to see him or speak to him again.