Should I let go of my unhappy relationship?

My boyfriend (he's 31) and I (I'm 28) been together close to two years. I remember my boyfriend used to be so loving, caring, and everything I thought a real man is to his lady. But now I notice that he isn't affectionate to me anymore. I notice that whenever we argue, my boyfriend would tell me mean things and call me mean names. I'm really hurt and I honestly love him very much but I feel like I throw my feelings/emotion into this relationship.

My boyfriend doesn't care if I break up with him or not. It really hurts me when he is so cold, disrespectful, and distant towards me. A part of me want to let him go but the other half is scared to lose him. What should I do?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• If you aren't happy in your relationship then there is no point in staying in the relationship. Sounds like to me you are doing all the work and it sounds like he has no care for you. I would just move on and break up with him. You deserve someone that will show you love back and someone that truly deserves you and loves you for who you are. Never settle for less than what you deserve. Him calling you names and being rude to you is not acceptable at all. Please get out of that relationship and find someone who DESERVES you. Not someone that just walks all over you.

What Guys Said 2

• You have to think, "if this behavior continues, can I handle it?"

Looks like someone went through all the "stages of dating.

Side note, do you know the reason for his change in behavior?

• I believe it's my insecurities and I shower him with love a lot. I been through past relationships before and I never love the others like I deeply love my boyfriend.

• If he doesn't give you the same love, i would let him go. You seem like you do love him but i he keeps calling you nasty names then he is not worth it.

What Girls Said 1

• Sure.. Cut your losses now. You have no time to waste with a the wrong guy