Why is my ex-boyfriend trying to make me jealous?

My ex and I dated for two years, we broke up like 5 weeks ago. I broke up with him and when I apologized he didn't want to get back with me to keep himself from getting hurt. He still has feelings for me and I still love him a lot. He was more than a boyfriend, he was my best friend. Our relationship was perfect and we broke up over a dumb reason. Anyways. My best friend and him are good friends and they talk and about me too. They talk about me. Anyways he told her he had a prom date, because prom is coming up and she asked him this herself, I'm not telling her to ask him anything. He wouldn't tell her who though because she would tell me and days later he told her he was talking to another girl but didn't want a relationship. When she told me I was just like oh okay what but I was curious and wanted to know who. He didn't tell her and I didn't ask. She asked him again a few days later who he was taking to prom and who he was talking to and he said no one. He was only lying to get me jealous.
I'm just wondering why, why would he do that? If he doesn't want to get back with me.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• His feeling are hurt and he wants you to feel the same way

Most Helpful Girl

• By the sounds of things, he does still like you and wants you back but doesn't actually want to make any actual moves with it just yet cause he's still hurt.

This is just speculating but he's could be trying to make you sweat on it a bit so if you do end up getting back, you appreciate him more. Thats not a guarantee though, he may actually just decide he is ok without you and move on... either way, he needs time to work things out for himself