Why is my ex-boyfriend trying to make me jealous?

My ex and I dated for two years, we broke up like 5 weeks ago. I broke up with him and when I apologized he didn't want to get back with me to keep himself from getting hurt. He still has feelings for me and I still love him a lot. He was more than a boyfriend, he was my best friend. Our relationship was perfect and we broke up over a dumb reason. Anyways. My best friend and him are good friends and they talk and about me too. They talk about me. Anyways he told her he had a prom date, because prom is coming up and she asked him this herself, I'm not telling her to ask him anything. He wouldn't tell her who though because she would tell me and days later he told her he was talking to another girl but didn't want a relationship. When she told me I was just like oh okay what but I was curious and wanted to know who. He didn't tell her and I didn't ask. She asked him again a few days later who he was taking to prom and who he was talking to and he said no one. He was only lying to get me jealous.
I'm just wondering why, why would he do that? If he doesn't want to get back with me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• His feeling are hurt and he wants you to feel the same way

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• By the sounds of things, he does still like you and wants you back but doesn't actually want to make any actual moves with it just yet cause he's still hurt.

This is just speculating but he's could be trying to make you sweat on it a bit so if you do end up getting back, you appreciate him more. Thats not a guarantee though, he may actually just decide he is ok without you and move on... either way, he needs time to work things out for himself

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I am 99% sure he is speaking to someone but doesn't want the drama of telling you about it and is potentially saving your feelings... he maybe doesn't want to risk you getting in the way of them...

0|0
    0|0
  • so he is taking your best friend to a prom? that's fucked up. i would burn down his house and trow some gasoline bottle. but in reality, you just have to bear it. those 2 are just assholes. good luck always comes when bad people tease you.

0|0
    0|0
    • No! Sorry I probably confused you. She asked him herself (I didn't tell her to ask him she just asked on her own) if he had a prom date and he said yeah and days later (since he didn't want to tell her at first who it was) he just told her he lied about having a prom date to piss me off.

• Show All
    • Thank you

• your welcome. good luck!

• Boys will be boys at your's and his age assuming he is the same age as you it really isn't right but sometimes they do that

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes