How do you break up with someone?

I have a boyfriend who I don't really like anymore. We have said the 'I Love You' and all and I really don't wanna hurt his feelings. How do I do it without hurting him or anything? I've also just finished talking to him on the phone and said I love you too back so should I just wait a bit? HELP!

Updates:
Do I wait or do I ignore him for a bit or do I just tell him even though he's sending me love hearts and kisses as we speak... Help!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well if he still likes you then there is NO WAY in hell you can break up with him without him getting hurt, so just do it but do it nicely if you can. and it would help him if you gave him closure.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just went through right now. Monday my ex bf broke up with me over the phone. I said the "I love you" more then he did. If your the one who says this 3 important words and doesn't feel that there isn't any spark or connection between you. It's best to end it. We only went out 7 months and he broke up with me texting. It's time to move on and think how you want to say it first.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• First stop saying, "I love you" when you don't and if you truly don't have feelings for him then give him closure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Walk up to him and say,
    "I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee"... Then throw dog poop on his shoes.

That's the polite "official" way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did your clever 14 year old brother hack into your account?

• No. Wait... What?

What Girls Said 2

• Do not wait do it now. Just be honest and just tell him how you truly feel, just come out and say it but be kind of gentle if you can. And try to give him closure it would help, I hate it when people break up with there partners and don't give them any closure it leaves them wondering where it all went wrong. Be just be honest and be honest and you will be fine. Do it face to face, don't do it over the phone, don't break up over a text, just do it face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's rude to ignore him in my opinion. Just tell him that you have fell out of love with him and that you can't regain it. Therefore, you two should break up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes