Guys, need good honest mature advice?

Your totally head over heels for a girl so inlove with her she ticks all the boxes. You have a argument because she went through ur fne .you end the relationship ! Do you just need time to cool down? What would you want her to do ?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I cannot buy that is all there is to the story. there has to be more.
    There shouldn't be anything on his phone that is so secret that he has to hide it from the woman he loves.
    At the same time, you have no reason to ever touch his phone without permission.
    I was guilty of this and my ex wife and I had a big blow up. I realize I should not have touched her phone. Of course I found out later she was cheating so that was the reason she didn't want anyone in it.
    I have no problem handing my phone to my girlfriend to look at anytime. she has never asked, but I would
    but it is a matter of boundaries.
    But if that truly is the only issue, then once he cools down you need to talk through things and they should be fine.
    but honestly it is not something that , if everything else in the relationship is really OK, that you break up over.
    so either things are worse then you think. or you not giving us all the details.

0|0
    0|0
    • Honestly we have a awsome relationship totally inlove with eachother. We don't have these blow up arguments all the time we are jus a normal couple. I've text tonight after a week and just said I hope he was ok he Tb straight away said ok and I hope u are I did be honet and say I wasn't and he wrote don't. Xxx

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• if a guy was that in love with a girl something as simple as her going through his phone wouldn't be enough to break them up, if the guy broke up over that then it is clear that he is not into her as much as she thinks

1|1
    0|0
    • +1 for this guy. Move this shot up /thread

• Think this is my reality right here. Privacy and respect I crossed and I fully understand that but think it's a bit drastic ending it it's been a week since we last spoke. I don't want to pester. He said he was hurt and angry just not sure what to do next xxx

• I might be mad over that but I wouldn't end a relationship if she went through my phone. We might would need to talk about it though. Yea I would just need time to calm down and would want to know why she felt the need to go through my phone.

0|1
    0|0
    • We haven't spoken in a week now. Do u think he will text when he cools? Shld I leave him till then?

• Show All
    • Ok, I really hope it works out.

• Thank you

• That would never happen to me to begin with because I would never leave my phone unattended OR without a lock on it. If my GF asked for my password I would CHECK her ass in an instant, simple as that.

Also if I broke up with her over something like that... that would be the end of it I guess #aintnocomingback

0|1
    0|0
  • Grow the fuck up. Is this "woman" five years old? "If it's not yours, don't touch it," is one of the things everyone is supposed to know before entering the big, big world. Mobile phones didn't change anything, and anyone who thinks they're entitled to violate another's privacy like that needs to have their fucking head examined.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hmmmmm, trust issues?
    Why did she go through his phone?
    What did he have to hide?

My wife and i have no secrets, and i do mean none...
    We know what each other has done with whom in the past, and are completely open, honest and understanding/ compromising in our relationship...

Thinks you have some trust/ honesty issues on both sides to deal with.

0|0
    0|0
    • Totally understand the trust thing etc. I went in the fne it was there I picked it up I didn't find anything I didn't like etc or caused anything x I know that doesn't make things right. I'm hurting really bad it's been a week I respected his decision and left I'm really struggling not to text I've apoligised for my fault and meant it. Jus think ending things was a bit much. But he's hurt and angry.

• I wouldn't care if she went through my phone. If she did and still wanted to be with me after seeing all the weird shit in it then that's great for me, I want to marry her then hahaha!

Maybe text or god forbid, call him and tell him you still like him even after seeing the weird shit in his phone?

0|0
    0|0
    • I never found a thing I just picked it up. I admitted I done it. I've apoligised etc and explained but he's hurt and mad at me. We haven't spoken in a week am just scared don't know what to do next xxx

• Show All
    • Na don't think he had anything to hide think it was because at first I said I didn't look at the phone then I admitted it like half hr later. Am not gona offer sex or blowjobs he has more respect for me than that.

• I respect my girlfriend and I love getting sex and blow jobs from her though.

• I have nothing to hide on my phone. But yeah, privacy much?

Anywho why would I end a relationship over a phone.

If that would have happened (which I doubt) I would think that talking things out might be good?

Otherwise doctor Phil could help. If all else fails Jerry Springer.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah tots tally it's wrong. But if u have nothing to hide and she admitted she done it don't see the massive issue. I've apoligised 500 x haven't spoke in a week now so not sure what to do next leave him b until he's not mad. He said he was hurt xx

• Hurt because you looked on his phone?

What was he hiding that would have hurt him so much?

• i have nothing on my phone.

Honestly people who get mad about someone going through their phone have something to hide, something that they don't want their partner to see which ISN'T a good sign.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you can't trust him enough not to go through his things then your better off without him. If he freaks out about that then chances are he's cheating on you and breaking up was his way to give up before he got caught.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you need to touch his phone? Besides all the new phones have a pattern lock system, he could easily lock it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes time to cool down and think things iver is good. Then tell her how she invaded your privacy and that it cannot happen again a d gonfrom there.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've admitted I was totally wrong I've apoligised but he's hurt and mad with me. What do I do? It's been a week since we spoke. I'm giving him time to cool off and reflect on the situ.

• A week should be long enough. Twll him tongrow up and stop sulking.

• I won't break up with her just because of argue...

If I or she argue, I /she would take my time to cool down n say sorry to her... :"

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah defo I admitted I was wrong but he's so mad and hurt. It's been a week since we spoke am letting him cool of but I don't know how long I can wait for him to speak. I don't know what to do

• Show All
    • I've said sorry and he just keeps saying stop saying sorry xxxx

• Give him some time... Let the time tell you all...

• she went through ur fne? what?

0|1
    0|0
  • Fne? What is this?

0|0
    0|0
    • Phone

• I probably wouldn't end a relationship over that

• Na a lot of people are saying the same. U think I shld give him another week then text if he hasn't xxxx

• We don't have as much stamina at that age.

0|0
    0|0
  • My phone is rigged to overload the Li-po battery and explode if tampered with. So, No I wouldn't break up with her I would call an ambulance.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I ended the relationship for that (which I actually would), then I wouldn't want to hear from her--because we broke up. So she should move on and find a new boyfriend, and she should take time to think about why her last relationship ended.

0|1
    0|0
    • But do u not think that's just a little ott. ?

• I assume ott = over the top?

No, I don't think it is. It's a trust issue--why does she need to go through it? There is no reason at all. What else is she going through? My computer, where I have financial documents?

I don't care if she's worried I'm with another girl, whether it's just curiosity, whether she was bored and she went through the phone just because it was there--don't violate my privacy, don't violate trust.

Recommended myTakes