Is it better to do this than that?

I am wanting to work things out with my ex the only problem is that we barely have started talking again and my feelings are already very string. He mentioned the fact that we haven't been talking for even a month yet. So my question is, even though I know I want to work things out with this guy, is it okay if me to talk to other guys while I wait for whatever to happen between my ex and I to happen? I just don't want to end up really hurt and my expectations be too high and if I talk to someone else it will distract me from making my feelings grow even more strong for my ex? Opinions??

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• ... We barely have started talking again...
    No use waiting around for him here, dear. If you both are in the midst of still licking your war wounds and no words have been exchanged with even a truce being called, I see no harm in you sitting home moping when he has said That-------He mentioned the fact that we haven't been talking for even a month yet.
    He doesn't have to know, it's none of his business, what you are doing behind closed doors. You have the energy to go out and 'Talk to someone else' and maybe as you say... it will distract me from making my feelings grow even more strong for my ex.
    With this being said, remember getting back too soon in another relationship, someone on that other end could end up to be a rebound while you are still trying to make up your own mind whether or not, yous till want to... Work things out with this guy.
    Go slow with your flow. If you and the "EX" do so happen talk again, talk a few things out, get on the same page as to what is going to go on Next in this not yet closed chapter. Many times over, especially with an EX, he will want Friends with benefits and expect you to be at his beckon call, see no one else at all, or sometimes.. tell you to go have a ball, just stick around for me too.
    And on another happier note, "You snooze, you lose," as the old saying goes. You could go out and just decide you have found Mr. Perfect, don't want any more War of the Roses with the Ex, and nurse and nurture a nice relationship down the path with someone whom may be better for you in the end.
    Good luck. xx