Should I keep trying?

Me and my girlfriend started dating about four months ago and everything was great. Her old boyfriend ended up coming into town from the military for a week and she was texting him constantly and they went out to eat twice. I was pretty irritated by it but we got over it after about a week.

Since then we went out or we hung out at each others houses three or so times a week. We never had a sexual relationship really and we hadn't been in but two arguments, that was when she was talking to him and one other small one. We ended up breaking up a week ago (sort of). She said we should just be friends and that she needed to figure herself out and that I was an amazing guy and sometimes she thought i was too good for her. Yet she said we should still go to prom which is a short ways away. We both see each other every day four periods a day and have the same mutual friends. She has started crying a couple times when I was around her. I asked her why and she said because she was kind of regretting her decision.

The last couple days we hadn't said much but hi and bye and now we talked a little more about the break up and she said she was kind of sure. However she started crying again.

Even though it is just High School, I still like her and care for her very much. The breakup wasn't out of hate or anything. It was just very unexpected and out of the blue which is what I don't understand. I don't know if I should still try or just move on? I don't want to lose something that was really great, over this.

• Keep Trying
  • Move On

11

What Girls Said 1

• If you really care for her, you could keep trying. However, she broke up with you because she isn't sure about what she wants and her feelings anymore. Her feelings that are easily swayed tells me that she just wants attention all the time. I personally think you should move on because there are others out there who will enjoy you and only you and not even talk to their old boyfriends.

What Guys Said 1

• Move on but remain close friends, sounds like she's really emotional at the moment. I would try and get her to open up, but not enter a relationship unless she shows some kind of certain desire or change.