How many of you think my mum is right?

My mum thinks that my GF of almost a year will come back to me after her exams are over. That she needs time and space to get over them and to get rid of the stress and pressure.

My mum told me this when I opened up to her about our break up.

I've asked this question before, but I feel like I haven't had enough responses. Thanks.

• I think your mum is right.
  • I think your mum is wrong.
  • I don't know/see results.
    Vote C

36

Most Helpful Girl

• You and your soul mate have history here, dear, and being you both were together for 'Almost a year' here, dear, I feel mum may be right and with Mother knows best many times from the rest, it could very well be your Gf------Will come back to me after her exams are over.
    Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up. She may have just needed some much needed space that she could not get when you were these two birds of a feather but who is to say, when everything clears and she is suddenly Missing the Kissing, that nothing has gone south... not even her.
    In the meantime, continue with your own life. Focus on you and if that day would come that she contacts you, then you may either Then find it a raw deal or a... good deal.
    Good luck. xx

• Many thanks for the wise words. I suppose you are right about her needing time and space. You are certainly right about her not having time to revise for exams when we were together, it fits well with her saying that she couldn't because she wanted us to spend time together but se felt guilty of it because she couldn't with all her revision.

• We definitely need more people like you. Your wisdom will always be welcome here.

• Thank you so much for this:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 2

• people can be very predictable creatures... theyre comfortable with what they know. but at the same time maybe she yearns change. who knows

• Hard to tell without knowing you too. But your mum may have a point.

• What do you mean?

• What point? That she may come back? Or that she broke up with me because she wants to focus on her work?

• On both. She may very well come back
      Best of luck

What Guys Said 6

• It may be over. You are not smart enought to know that she is paying for a college education and your wanting to hold her attention is holding her back from hitting her goals. If she sees that you are more focus on the desires of a poor man there is no time for you in her life. She does not need any help being poor.

Your mother is correct.

• Well in honesty only time will tell..
    Your mum will never tell you anything that lowers your hope..
    Good luck champ, I wish you the best

• Thanks. It's just my mum seems so sure about it... She even put a pretty hefty bet on it.

• Stay strong, we all been there...👍👍

• I've been dumped before too... But my mum has never told me that my ex will come back.

• It's impossible to know without more details revolving your mutual relationship with your female friend and how much your mother knows.

• I think my mum knows a lot.

I told her literall everything my ex said to me, and my ex has met my mum many times. They've spoken quite a bit too, often without me being in the same room.

I don't think my mum would tell me she thinks my ex will come back just to make me feel better though.

• Your mother doesn't want you to get hurt. She may believe what she's saying, but if you don't know I can't know. The ultimate goal is to create your own happiness and never give someone else that much authority. Create a contingency plan.

• No mum wants their child to me hurt, that's fact. But my mum seems to be right on every occasion.

• That honestly depends on the reason why she broke up with you. But I don't think most people revert their words, or at least if they broke up once, it's highly likely it will happen again.

• Your mom is a woman, aswell, perhaps she relates to your (ex) GF's position.

• I think she may be right but only time will tell if she comes back