My girlfriend broke up with me because she is moving. I don't know what to do anymore?

We have been together for 1 year and 3 months. My ex girlfriend just recently told me that she was moving away to a city that is only 1 hr and 22 mins from where I live so it isn't too far. She just broke up with me last night telling me that she doesn't want a long distance relationship with me, which is ironic because the relationship I had with her was like a LDR. We didn't see each other very often since she had very strict parents; thus, only about once a week I see her or maybe every two weeks. But I am happy even though we don't see each other as much as I want to. Even though she broke up with me she still wants to talk to me as her friend. She says she needs me there for she says she has no one but me and that I'm her best friend. I feel she is just using this as an excuse to break up with me. It saddens me that she is moving and we were perfectly happy together. I actually wanted everything with her, a future with her. I agreed to be her friend until she moves because I want a relationship while she wants a friendship. But I have been acting a bit bitter and passively aggressive towards her after she broke up with me. I dont why but i resent her for not taking the chance to make things work even after she is moving in two days. But I don't blame her. It's not her fault that she is moving. Maybe I'm just being selfish in acting this way towards her. I just don't know what to do. She doesn't seem to change her mind able being with me in the future. It leaves me in despair and it sucks knowing that she will also meet someone over where she is moving too who will give her experiences and the memories to cherish when I wanted to be that person. I just don't know what to do now. I don't know what to feel about this. Or what I should actually do.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• ... She doesn't seem to change her mind able being with me in the future...
    With being as wise as I am and not having anything etched in stone, LifeandSavior, the writing on the wall and all, is telling me and it should also be telling me That------She still wants to talk to me as her friend.
    It's quite obvious that with now 'Moving,' that she is also Moving on and doesn't want to be hooked at the hip with you or even the history you both shared. And I also feel that if she really wanted to make the effort to be with you as two birds of a feather, she could have stayed behind, made a life with you, but instead, she is packing up, lock, stock and barrel, and going with her... strict parents now.
    I realize how bad you are feeling and how hard you have tried in this relationship that seemed sort of hopeless from the start. But Now it has come time to cut the strings and let her go and if you want 'Best friends' it is your decision and... if it is too hard, then let her really go, allowing her to fly away and to start her new life.
    Good luck and blessings for the rest of the year, dear. xx

What Girls Said 2

• I know it hurts, but maybe you need to move on as well?

can you also help me here? thanks

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1425420-does-he-still-like-me-after-i-seduced-him-to-have-sex-with-me

• im so sorry that all this is going on ;) but everything will be okay you can be honest with her tell her sweetly not angrily how you feel like : I love you and I wanted t spend my future with you having adventures together , loving each other and being each others best friend but it pains me that you don't feel the same. like that you can express how you're feeling :)

• Today she told me her parents let her stay with her paternal mother. Since they are divorced. So she isn't moving anymore. And I told her that we can be together now but she didn't want too. She still wants to break up with me now because for being bitter towards her and not being there for her when she needed me to be supportive. I just don't understand I was in pain yet she doesn't move anymore. she still doesn't want me. She just wants a friendship now. I guess it's over now.. :/ thank you for your response.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm sorry to say this, but you need to move on. I know it will be hard. But it's the best thing you can do honestly.