Gagers! Your SO breaks up with you over text, how do you react?

Very interesting answers :) Keep it coming!

912

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go with the flow.. It really hurts the girls ego when they don't get a dramatic/negative reaction from you. I just add give me a call if you change your mind and I walk away/move on to the next option..
    Not sure if I respect them any more after doing it by text anyway, it's very immature

• Very good attitude :)!

• Of course! A positive attitude goes a long way!

• And the bonus is they always expect you to chase/beg when they are young, it really leaves them confused if they were unsure about their decision

What Guys Said 11

• Just think of how shallow they are to break up over a text
    you deserve better than to go through that well my ex girlfriend
    broke up over a phone call I guess she couldn't face me I don't know
    i think that's shallow too it's better to do it face to face?

• Depends on how things were between us leading up until that. But I deserve to be told something like that in person.

• "LOL srsly?"

Then pour myself a drink.

• Punch a whole in the wall

• True, it does make you very angry

• Its not the fact that they broke up with you that still is part of it but the fact they couldn't take the decency of doing in person. That would piss be off beyond belief and I am a pretty calm guy the way it is lol

• Scream a lot. Then punch myself. I did that when I realised that I got friendzoned years ago. So, I guess I'd do the same.

• Wow, at least you are okay today. But punching yourself over something that you couldn't control isn't good :(

• Well, I was mad. I punch walls now. hahaha.

• I understand, everyone has their own way to express their feelings

• Think about how the shit happened. Try my hardest to let the pain out in some way. Say fuck her and never speak to her again

• I cried that time...

• Oh well I'd be delighted of course

• Smirk at the thought that I'm the bigger person

• Just say okay.

• And move on? Ur pretty stong ^^

• Thanks :) being a ladies man has benefits

• Always! Keep it up bud!!

• Laugh and block her. So pathetic.

What Girls Said 9

• My husband tried to do this once. I texted back, "ok". I guess it wasn't the reaction he wanted so he kept texting me in long messages, and then finally I told him to knock it off and call me. We talked and sorted out whatever it was he was pissy about at the time, and that was it.

• Its great that you took the initiative for a proper explaination. Kudos to you!! :) Hope things will stay good between the two of you!

• Oh yeah things are always great between us, but he's very much the sensitive one. I'm the reactive one. He easily gets wrong thoughts going around in his mind that something must mean something else, whereas I don't. But texting to say it was over was just so silly that I couldn't help but just say "ok". A silly thing to say deserves a silly response. Texting is so impersonal and means nothing to me. If something serious enough has to be said then do it face to face and if that's impossible at the moment, then over the phone or face-time. To make flippant comments via text clearly shows that the person isn't taking any stock in to the problem at hand to want to communicate that way.

• Get angry. Even if it was a reasonable break-up (those happen), it's time to grab a bottle of wine, call up a friend, rent bad horror movies, and bitch about him - and his FUCKING TEXT MESSAGE, CAN YOU BELIEVE HIM - and get the hurt feelings out there nice and fast. After that, it's easier to deal with packing up anything of his I might have or bumping into him in random places without losing my cool.

• Yes! Vent out your feelings before making a fool of yourself out there :) You go girl!

• Probably worry what did I do wrong if I loved him I would cry if I didn't then I would just get over him and delete the text

• I don't eat but like 5 bites of food for a week and I miss a day of school because not only am I upset but something else is going on that makes me feels sick and I keep getting madder and madder as he makes up more and more excuses and lies.

• Aww, but he's not worth it if he breaks up over text! You are better off with someone who will respect you :)

• Good hope things will go well between the two of you :)

• We're already off to a great start.
      Thanks! :-)

• Probably cry :'(

• Since I'm married if he did that I'd probably have to hit him with my car ;)

• Tell him to fuck off over text. Preferably by saying

"k"

• We obviously didn't have a close bond to begin with.

• In an ideal world, I would completely ignore the next and never speak to him again because someone who breaks up over text doesn't deserve any form of acknowledgement of his (her) existence. In reality though, knowing myself, I would probably send a text back saying he's an idiot, or maybe I'd call him telling him he's got no class.