Not over you yet?

Girls and guys have you ever gotten over first love/ boyfriend/ girlfriend? If so was it hard for you?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex and I met in middle school. We dated throughout my sophomore year of high school for about 5 years. Then suddenly he broke up with me out of the blue giving me no closure whatsoever. Its not easy I'll tell you that considering he was my first love. It took me about 5-8 months to get over him. He broke up with me. It was like right out of the blue, he tried to get up and go but I tugged unto his arm. I cried on his shoulder to and he didn't know what to do. I asked him if I could have a hug before he left. He gave me one and then he left. I felt broken for a couple of days, couldn't walk, etc. I felt like I was shaking inside, and I felt like my life was all messed up. Its hard getting over your first love I must admit it. It takes time especially since he and I go to high school together it took a lot of time for me to lose feelings for him. After a couple of months of us on no contact I suddenly fell out of love with him. I'm not looking for a relationship right now or anything I'm just trying to focus on myself. A valuable lesson that I learned is that I don't need a boyfriend to make me happy.

• You go girl.. and wow it must be hard the first months but im glad u got over him

• Yes it was hard, he broke up with me out of the blue. I was torn to pieces and I didn't know how to pick myself up again. I used the no contact rule and I acted like he didn't exist and it helped me move on so so much. I think the only reason why I liked him so much when he and I first met is probably because I just wanted to see what it was like to have a boyfriend. But something I learned is that having a boyfriend isn't everything. It may seem like it is but its not, and plus I didn't really have any type of social life or any kind of friends outside of our relationship so yeah. It was hard but it was worth it, he treated me like dirt anyways even though I was good to him. It is what it is, I fell out of love with him and I'm happy I did.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it was tough! I dated him 5 years. It took me 2 months to get over him, I wouldn't go anywhere, i'd sit around and cry. But now with every ounce of strength it took, i'm over him and have found a new crush. by the way I dumped him.

• Well thats good for you and im glad you could get over him... and thanks so much to share !!!😊😊

• Your welcome! I will say its not easy, and you need to cut off all contact with him..