Ex boyfriend broke up with me, wants to be friends with me but want me to move on? Why?

My ex boyfriend of 1 year broke up with me out of the blue. I know he had some issues about his past relationship but this happened so suddenly, i never thought he'd do that. He claimed that he's not ready for a relationship and wish to have some time apart. But he still wants us to be friends. He would sometimes texts me asking how i am and even run into each other once of twice. ( He had transfered to my uni after the break up)

At first i thought he's an ass for doing this to me and i decided to forget about him and move on. But one day i ran into him at school and then only i knew from him that he will study here in my uni from now on. We talked for a while, and he hugged me and left. This changes everything... whenever i see him in school he will always greet me with a big smile and i can feel he's happy to see me somehow.

I hate the fact that i have to admit i still love him, after how much he reminded me the times we're together. How everything used to be but now we're nothing more than friends. I wanted him to be clear to me. So i texted him one night, telling him how i felt..

He said it will take time. He knew that im not over him, and said i could just ignore him if i dont feel well when i see him again at school. And he said he'll give me time to move on. And when i do, talk to him again so we can be friends.

What is he thinking? Seriously, it hurts me so bad.. What do he want from me? I will never be able to move on while he's stuck here in my life. I can't put him down. Help, what should i do? :'(
I did remember once he kinda mentioned he wasn't really satisfied with me in bed. If that's the reason why he wanna break up with me, then he's an total ass 100% guarantee no doubt.

Guys, just letting you know that thanks so much for leaving all your opinions. I've been feeling a lot better lately cuz Im pretty busy with school assignments and projects lately and its good, it distracted me from this mess. And hanging out with friends as u guys suggested works great.

2723

Most Helpful Guy

• Start dating other guys. Soon you will develop a relationship and have the same types of feelings for a new guy. You'll be surprised how much you care about the new guy when you thought that no one else in the world excecpt old boyfriend could evoke those feelings.

• i guess u're right...

Most Helpful Girl

• This is never good. Ok. First off i see you still hurting for this guy is ok let me help you. Remember this guy is not as sweet as u thought he was. It took him a whole year to decide he wasn't ready for a relationship? What an azz. Let me tell you, for you it seemed he broke up with u out he blue, reality is he was planning this for quite a while. You still feel the same? Ok, he want to be friends haha thats never going to work. Why? because he broke ur heart by lying to you all this year. You think he's happy when he sees you, more now that he can breath because he's not your "boyfriend" anymore. Sorry, to put it like this, but gotta say it. See, in our mind we only want to remember good things and ask ourselfs how n why this happened, but what we do is actually hurting ourselfs more by not accepting reality. My advice is to block him of your head n ignore him at school. If he says anything why you doing it, tell him am trying to move on n i need my space so when i say hello again you can count am passed you n nope won't even need your sorry explanations. Hmm, you can say that or not lol just me :))

• yes it make a lot of sense. I thought about that too. I guess i've came to a point where i just don't wanna give a shit about him. Not even think about him anymore.. I just don't understand why he did all this that's it. But i guess that don't matter anymore.

• Unfortunately yes it can be, but that's how we get stronger (Given that we have the right mindset).