Does it Count or Not?

My last two relationships were long distance, I was wondering did it count as a relationship? Does having a long distance count of having a ex? What do u people's think?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Four years ago, GamerX13, a man from Egypt found me on Fb and we had started a whirlwind romance and by Chance... I got on ap[lane and headed to Cairo, Egypt where I stayed with him and his family for 30 days. Things went so well that I hopped aboard abroad again and this time, we ended up tying the knot a tthe Ministry of Justice and it was also in Egypt... I staye dfor awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the statesd now and with much strife in our life, we Tried to keep ourr 'Long distance' marriage and relationship going. However, with me having gone astray and the other personal reasons of the seasons that put a monkey wrench into things, we Break up and Make up even 3 years later... the amount of time I have not been back to be with him.
    Yes, I can tell you first hand and will Stand beside what I say and what I know, that Any relationship, Long distance, short distance, it indeed Does 'Count as a relationship.'
    Even with an 'Ex,' your heart doesn't know the difference Nor the distance that with either a stone's throw or whatnot... it still hurts like hell if or when everything goes cold in the end.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, GamerX13, for allowing me to help shed some light on a Still Sore Subject.. best of luck again, my friend.:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 4

• If you had legitimate feeling for them, then I would count them. Whether you met them via gaming or online its the same thing as a solider overseas with his/her lover in their original country, is it not? Those are recognized are "real", so why can't others?

• I think if the feelings and connection were there and/or you had time together in person, it counts. In the technology generation, I think what counts as a relationship is defined by the couple involved. If it felt real to you and her, it was.

• Depends if you actually met her. If it was all online/text/phone, I won't count it.

• I don't believe that long-distance relationships are real because you never get a chance to see each other in a true sense. You can fake being anyone and anything on the Internet. Once you finally get together, you are normally very disillusioned and disappointed. It never gets out of the fantasy stage. My boyfriend had such a relationship for 15 years and I got to know the real deal. He was NOT the person he duped her into believing he was (and I'm sure it worked the other way around as well), and he duped me as well. He does do good long-distance relationships, but in real life, he sucks!

What Guys Said 1