About to break up with my girlfriend, Advice please?

Dont ask why but how can I make this fast and not leave her feeling like its her fault. I dont want to do the "its not you its me" thing. Hopefully someone can understand. I dont want her to feel like shit and think it was something she did

Im going to bed now, its 4am.

I really appreciate everyones input and ill check this question first thing when I wake up and then ill do it

62

Most Helpful Girl

• Rest assure, JackPack, I will help make this as easy for you as I possibly can without the old cliche Of------It's not you it's me.
    Sit her down, face to face, and be as gentle as you can. Explain to her that you are still young, that you feel now is not the right time to be in a Real Relationship and that you would still very much like to be friends.
    Of course, she probably will not take this well sitting down but be prepared to hold her a bit, sticking to your guns and maybe with this touching moment, it will give you more in store to think about... being apart and not hooked at the hip any longer.
    Good luck and Sweet dreams. xx

What Girls Said 5

• Just be honest and straight forward with her. Don't leave anything out just be honest. If you are going to break up with her then do it face to face. My ex used this saying "its not you its me" which left me confused, but it made me like it was me. Don't use an input like that please, it'll make her feel like its all her fault. Just be straight up with her and be honest. Say you feel as thought the relationship isn't working out to well and you think it would be best if you two both parted ways and decided to take a break. You don't have to be harsh with it, just be honest.

• you need to be straight forward with her, don't say it in a mean way (talk gently) just say you don't think it is working and you are not sure you want to be in a serious relationship right now because you need to focus on work/study (if you work or study obviously) and that you would still like to be friends if she wants to try and be friends

• Why don't you just say "I hate you" and get it over with. It would be a lot better than what
    @_Q_Q_ said.

• Maybe find some way to work it out?

• Its not working out though and im not sure she knows. Im just not feeling the love

• Hmm... agreed

• Just tell her exactly this. Tell her exacfly what you're telling us.

What Guys Said 2

• why aren't you feeling it anymore. No more butterflies around her? honeymoon phase is over? A lot of people hit that stage and break up cause theyre just not feeling it. Happens to everyone, me included. There's a definite reason why you're not feeling it anymore and its up to you to figure out why. I'm guessing this has been coming for while now, it never happens out of the blue. Giving an answer to her would help to qualm her, but breakups suck for both parties

• I have done it many times.
    From my experienced, before officially breaking up with her. You must to present strong and valid reasons or subject. Like " I dont like you, coz you're ugly/fat/badbreath/ or i can't stand your hygiene" or " we need to stop this relationship right now coz im confused of my sexuality, i think im a gay" .

What i mean is, you need to present full closure, being direct can help her recover faster rather than leaving her puzzled and confused.

• so just make sure she knows im breaking up pretty much. However none of those reasons are valid

• Correction... it's not who are you? It's who is this?

• I think that pretty much sums it up...