How long does it take you to get over a break up after a year of dating?

How long does it take you?

• Less then a month
  • 1-2 months
  • 2-4 months
    Vote C
  • 4-6 months
    Vote D
  • 6-12 months
    Vote E
  • Other.
    Vote F

24

Most Helpful Girl

• that depends on how invested i was in the relationship and on why we broke up. When I am angry it is easier for me to let go.

If I wasn't really that much into it, could be as little as a couple of weeks.
    If I was completely and utterly in love, it can take me up to a year. But that doesn't even have had to be after a full year of dating.
    I have suffered horribly just after 2 months of dating, because we where great and there where other circumstances why we broke up.

What Girls Said 1

• A year or so I think

What Guys Said 4

• There's no timetable that can really be set. Each relationship is different and sometimes when things end mutually, you're over it rather quickly. The same goes for when you are the one ending things.

On the flip side, when something doesn't work out you so desperately wanted to and you're left with lots of questions and confusion as to what the hell just happened, it can take as long as you need to get over it. And sometimes you can be with someone much shorter than a year to feel that way.

• People tend to say that it takes half of the relationship.
    A lot of things could change based on who broke up with who and how much was invested etc..

• Statistically, E.

• I am not a very emotional kind of guy, so after less than a week, actually, I would start looking for a new girl.