Why would he keep reading my messages but not reply or block me?

Ex partner is refusing to speak to me.

Said he was changing his phone number and blocked me on Facebook

Now after 4 weeks it turns out he has not changed his number and he has unblocked me.

I am really devastated by the break up and he knows this.

What I don't understand is why when I use messenger would he continue to read everything but not reply... if he doesn't want to hear from me then why not re block me?

Is it a game? Is he enjoying hearing me pleas and tell him how much I miss him etc?

Thank you for any advice

52

Most Helpful Girl

• He is likely playing a game, or he feels too guilty to block you due to your pleas, as you call them. However, he doesn't have feelings for you, so he doesn't respond.

He probably feels that you being able to spout off messages to him is enough to keep you "satisfied", while not really caring enough to reply to him. He also likely feels disrespected that you won't accept his decision to move on.

So, go on radio silence. Don't talk to him, don't pester him... just move on with your life, because he already has.

What Guys Said 2

• I think he reads them because he is curious to see what they are.
    He does not respond because he is moving on with his life

• Why do you keep sending him messages? People get curious as to what you have to say about them so they read the messages. Only time someone blocks someone for good is if they send creepy or hateful messages.

What Girls Said 4

• Possibly. He might look at the things you send him and show them to his friends. Or he just wants to clear the notifications.

• Did you do something to disrespect his feelings, stab him in the back, or break his heart?

• If so, he probably feels like ignoring you and refusing you entry into his life or mind for even a little bit is the only way to heal now. If you did something to create this reaction, then this is his way of getting his sense of peace back.
      More details and you get more help.

• I do think it's a game. A mind game. I've played it before, but only towards shit heads.

• I think so he is playing and wants to see how hard you will try to get him back.