Why would guys not rat out their own buddies for cheating?

i know a guy who's friend armando is cheating on his wife lindsey with a brunette and his other friend lee is cheating on his gf caitlin yet he won't say anything.

he also has cheated on an ex gf or two and he'll even lie about his name and laugh about it.

why do women not question a guy before they go into bed with him? especially if he's so full of bullshit?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• People don't want to hear it. It's awkward. They are accused of trying to make a move on the cheated on woman.

From what I've seen women cover for their friends even more. I see guys keeping their mouths shut but I've seen women helping make their friends logistically possible.

What Guys Said 6

• Quite often, the one who reports the cheater catches hell from one or more of the parties involved. Second, if this guy is a cheater and he rats out someone else, then he's setting himself up to be ratted out the next time he does it. Third, if this guy is himself a cheater, he must think it's acceptable behavior for a guy.

• Guys don't rat out because they are minding their own business.
    And showing loyalty to their friends. But mainly minding their own business

• Women give it up so easy, it is like it is popcorn. I have had guys who who cheat on their women and what I have found out is they will lie and steal every chance they get.

It is our society where cheating is ok.

• The dilema

• I remember watching a show where the women had to vote anonymously if they would tell a man that his wife cheated on him and got pregnant by another man. Not a single women out of several hundred would tell the man the truth, instead letting him be on the line as the father (and financial supporter).

Some how I have no sympathy for those women Armando is cheating on.

• because those crooks support each other basically...

What Girls Said 3

• what do you mean with "women question a guy before..." like any cheater in his right mind will answer truthfully that he is a lying cheating bastard...

As to why men (and women) don't tell on each other is out of loyalty to their friend. I hate it, If I find out I always let my friend know that is is shitty behavior. But I don't necessarily tell the "cheatee"

Now, for me it gets tough when I am good friends with both of them. In that case I would talk to the cheater and ask him/her to cut it out, because if he/she doesn't stop I WILL tell their partner about it. Especially if something like pregancy and coocoo's nest thing is an issue there.

• Guys don't rat out their buddies because that's where their loyalty lies. Some women just don't care about dudes being in relationships

• You can't just tell random people this stuff, especially not against your friend. He only knows her because of him. Sometimes, you just have to step back and keep your mouth shut, best you can do is keep trying to get your friend to stop. All that will happen if people tell usually is that it's a whole bunch of drama and then the person who told ends up the bad guy. You can just try to make your friend understand and make sure they know you won't cover for them if the girl asks if he was with him, he'll say no he wasn't here and that's it. Can't be too involved in others relationships unless it's your own friend, it never ends nicely.