Anyone else just repulsed by the thought of relationships?

I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but fuck it maybe I do, have any of you all ever been through utter hell on Earth due to relationships? Particularly the aftermath? I mean I've been through every negative feeling in the book; betrayal, jealousy, insecurity, depression and people do shit that just fucks with my mind. Guys make me want to run away. I think I'm basically emotionally scarred because when ever someone says relationships my body starts feeling nauseated, sick, and bitter. Safe to say relationships aren't my thing?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• hmmm, I know what you mean about the bullshit that comes with relationships and especially break ups. But the thought of a relationship doesn't repulse me. I do, however feel nauseous when other people won't stfu about their relationships.

What Guys Said 5

• I've been sort of similar. I'm in the "strong independant black woman who dont need no man" stage of post-breakup, so when I see my friends still in couples having to put up with woman problems it deterrs me so much. I still want to be in a relationship, I just think the sinicism has made me be 100x more picky with who I choose to be in a relationship with

• hahah not mine either... i wanna remain single basically...;-)

• Right here, I've been through major betrayal. i feel a lot people don't respect eachother especially in a relationship So I stay single

• I've never been in a relationship is worth finding all this out for myself?

• Well... Might be helpful if you want to lose weight. All the vomiting would be a killer diet.

Okay, joking aside... Sorry you've been hurt. I really am. I think counseling might help.

What Girls Said 2

• certainly not. i think our attitude to relationships depends on how we deal with negative experiences of the past.
    i like to take the 'pick urself back up and move the fcxk on' approach.

• I believe conventional relationships are not for me.