Why would anyone hide relationship?

Why would anyone hide a relationship or keep the relationship a secret? Nobody knows who their partner is?

And also never willing to talk about their partner and always reluctant to talk about personal life?

If a person is single yet doing the same (lying that I am not single/I am married) and always unwilling to talk about personal life honestly, what does it mean?

And this person secretly flirts with women and even secretly sees them.

Why such attitude? The person in question is a man in early thirties.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are private matter, so there is nothing wrong if some people prefer to keep their relationship details private.

And if you know for sure that someone is single yet pretending to be in a relationship, it just means he/she is not romantically interested in you.

• there is difference between privacy and secrecy.

• privacy is not sharing much or talking much about the relationship but secrecy is hiding your partner and relationship completely , as if they dont exist.

• I guess you make a valid point, but my answer would remain the same.

What Guys Said 2

• Because of Law of Diminishing Marginal Return...

• Because he doesn't view the relationship as having long term potential, hasn't decided if it does yet, or he is a player managing his harem, which is much easier to do when the girl can be ejected without it mucking up other areas and relationships of his life.

What Girls Said 2

• I want to find out the answers, my ex thinks I did this to him but I told my best friends about how much he did for me and how I feel for him. Let me know how it goes!

• Some people just don't like other in their business