My heart is breaking :(?

How do you pick yourself up after a breakup? I'm struggling here. It seems to be getting harder... I wake up and feel like I have a truck on my chest! How do guys cope with breakups?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• You either can keep forcing stuff on yourself - activities, other people, etc - to take the breakup/ex off your mind. Or just take time to yourself to reflect and cope w/ it "naturally".

The latter is probably emotionally healthier. Having the strength to address your emotional problems head on really helps you grow and mature.

• I'm going to try my best. It's just a awful feeling. I hate to wake up because of the way I feel xxx

• Il try my best it's just so very raw just now

• message me if you want to talk more details, get things off your chest. I'm pretty sad too from getting rejected today! We can be sad together!

What Guys Said 5

• 1. Cry let it all out don't hold anything in
    2. Try to understand why he was not right for you.
    3. Accept that he broke up with you.
    4. Erase and destroy everything that reminds you of him. Pictures, gifts, momentous, etc.
    5. Stay away from his media accounts erase him off your friends list and destroy all contacts. (Warning: one glimpse of his fb statuses you'll be back to #1 so stay away! ;0)
    6. Do something you love doing or would love to do. It could be anything watching funny internet videos chilling with your homies. Or learn how to play guitar, martial arts, cooking classes. What ever get your mind off of that loser.

Always love yourself because you are unique person and its your job! Good luck! xD

• Thank you. Yeah done the facebook once and it totally shot me to shit and stupidly let him know it. Didn't go shouting it that. He confuses my head says one thing means another dangling me like he has me where he's got me.

• It takes time to heal I wish you the best of luck.

• I'm sorry you're hurting. All I can say is time will heal your hurt. There's no quick solution to ending pain like that. You can occupy your mind on fun activities and hobbies, but I'd be weary of trying to jump right back into the dating game. At least not until you're feeling better and are ready to move on.

It's okay to grieve, and through pain can come a lot of personal reflection and insight. I promise your pain will get better until it's all gone. It may not be immediate, but relief will come.

• I have no interest in anyone... I don't even want to go there. I went to a spooky lady the other day. She said we will get back but I need to give space. So I'm doing so.

• That's the thing; we really don't know what's going through the other person's mind to make them withdraw like that. All we can do is ultimately accept it's best not to be with someone who does not feel the same way as you do.

I've thought things were perfect and then... well, you saw where I said I was bewildered enough to employ some metaphysical help. But, in the end, me having to move on wasn't the end of the world and I wouldn't have met my wonderful wife had I still be chasing what's her name. :-)

• Yeah ur right. im just scared that I get to the point that I feel better then I get the dreaded text xxx

• don't think about it occupy your mind with other things i know its probably hard but just try to think about it less and less each day it will get better till one day you won't feel it as much in the mean time just try and work on better yourself take a class learn something new try some new stuff

• I'm going to yoga tonight trying to keep going at work. I work with kids very hard hiding it from them. I just wish the pain and the feelings wld leave me. He seems to b getting on with it which kills me xxxx

• I look at the world, how messed up it is, how much I can do to help, and realize that relationship is not my primary purpose in life. It does not define me or my value. Whatever emotions I'm feeling will pass, but the things I do in life will last long after I'm gone. I put the relationship and it's importance in perspective. It is not nor has to be seen as the defining moment of my life, and I refuse to let it be that.

Your life and it's value stretches well beyond whatever that relationship was. You are capable of doing great things in this world for those who exist in it and will exist in it in the future. It's up to you to define the role you will play.

• Totally right. I've let my guard down and my hearts breaking. Totally broken hearted. And he doesn't care

• he's just a moment in time, and that time is now the past. You must look to the future, that's where all your promise exists. Life happens. Break ups happen. What matters isn't where you've been, it's where you want to go from here. Don't wallow, but rather get excited for what you can create for yourself from here on out.

• Keep yourself busy

• I'm really trying. It's like when I am on my own I crumble in the car to work I just burst into tears. like I cannot handle this feeling Atal x

• I hope so for my sake. Very bad place

• I'm sure it will

What Girls Said 4

• Let yourself feel the sadness. Don't cover it up. Just let yourself feel it for a little while. An hour or two maybe.

And then go out and be young and happy. Distract yourself, make plans, fuck around, get shit done.

• I'll try. Like my mind is going into overdrive with everything

• I'm sorry you're hurt in :( time will heal your wounds. You just have to be patient.. Try to take your mind off of the breakup. I usually watch movies to take my mind off of things. Hanging out with good friends is also very helpful.

• It's at night and when I wake up I feel the worst. Just feel I'm being suffocated cccc

• I'm sorry you're going through this. Sometimes crying helps. Don't keep your feelings bottled in. The more you let the pain out, the faster it'll get out of you completely. But that takes time. For me, what helped was simply loving that person, forgiving them for hurting me, accepting that they're going to a new journey as am I, and actually being happy for them for moving forward simply because of love. I know you nay not be in the sane situation, but love is a powerful tool. Love could hurt the heartbroken but also heal the heartbroken through simply love

• Very true. I'm gona go on a two week holiday and recharge my batteries. No phone no computers etc. And come back and start a fresh xxx

• go out and have some good time.

• Honestly the best thing you can do is to cry if you need to just let it all out, but after that try and keep yourself busy. I know how you feel because my boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago and I was an emotional wreck for the first 2 weeks but as time goes on I'm starting to feel better. The best thing that has worked for me is just keeping busy or watching a funny movie everyday if I have to just to take it off my mind.

• :( sorry to hear that. He's sort of playing with my emotions and I feel like rubbish. I just can't seem to keep myself busy I have a brief moment when I stop then I'm in tears. I'm thinking about all the wrong things what's he doing who's he with who's he txting what's this what's that. Like I am ruining my life with it

• Don't allow him to play with your emotions, if he is still contacting you, you need to ignore him trust me my ex played with my emotions for a month and that I allowed it that was a big mistake because it only caused me more pain.

Oh and try to think about all the negative things about him, I think about all the negative things my ex did and it makes me feel better lol. Only time will help you heal from your break up and trust me it's going to be alright k. One day you will meet that special someone who will love you and never let you go, and you will look back and say "wow I cried for him" And just think of it this way it's his lose!!! I hope you feel better soon :)