Could you breakup with someone you truly love?

If it was bad timing and the circumstances just made it too painful to be together.. I'm trying to give my gf the benefit of the doubt but we had a really bad situation.. parents wouldn't let us be together. we wanted to move out but her mom threatened to disown her and cut off her school funds. She backed out last minute. I don't know if she hurts just as bad right now. Her love was crazy for me though at least at one point. No contact.

• No you sacrifice whatever it takes
  • Yes you have to be realistic.
Bump
Bump.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in a similar spot as her. Fell in love with a boy I knew for years and we could only see one another a few times a month. My parents are strict and wanted me to focus on school. They hated every boy that i liked because they thought those boys only wanted sex from me. Well i had told my parents that we were going to move out because i was of legal age but they threatened to cut off my school expenses and disown me. At the time I was only a full time student and I depended on my parents money to get through school. I was sheltered throughout my life and never had a job yet so i was not confident in myself to face the world. if i moved out with my bf, i would be losing my family who had supported me my whole life. It was a bad internal conflict bc at the same time I really cared for my bf. I wanted to be with him so badly but felt like maybe it just isn't the right time. I didn't want us to struggle. He was also in school and only had a part time job. It would definitely have been hard for us and I didn't want that for him. I felt like shit and thought of a better life for my bf, which didn't include me. And I thought he would be happier in the long run without me. So i broke things off and never spoke to him again until years later when things were different.

I think maybe that's what may have gone through her head. But i dont know her so I can't be sure.

• I think so to. somw other people telling me she lost interest and attraction etc .. making me feel like what I had wasn't real.

What Girls Said 3

• If we both had strong will to fight for it - no. If one of us is less in to it - yes.

• I've done it before. Hurts like hell but you have to move on and go on with life.

• do you know why shakespeare had to kill romeo and juliet?

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah I have done it before. I did love her, but she cheated on me so I had no choice but to break up with her.

• Tough one. Whether her mom has legit reasons to do so or she just doesn't like you, she does have a point. Would you be able to take care of this girl?

• I told her well do the best we can but i think she knew it wouldn't work and I don't know if she trusted me to stick around because once she left she would have nothing to go back to.

• SaI'd this is goodbye hopefully just for now and saod maybe when we have our shit together we can try this again. If you meet someone between now and then I wish nothing but the best for you two.

• I don't know if that's just false hope

• Yes because if she doesn't love you back. She isn't worth your time and doesn't deserve you

• So where do you stand with the main question? Said yes but kind of contradicted yourself