Should I break up with him?

He constantly puts me down... calling me slow because I ask him what he means when he says something. He puts down my talent as an artist as a bad thing. He is unsupportive of what I want to do and I feel like I am giving him everything I have. He has a raging temper, too, and has lierally no filter. He acts as if that's a good thing and refuses to listen to me when I tell him otherwise. Somehow I am always the one to blame. But on the other hand, when he is sweet, he is the nicest guy on the planet and I love him. But it seems as if he isn't that way as often anymore. Should I end it and will I regret it?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If he constantly puts you down he isn't the one for you. I'd rather be single than be with someone that treats me like dirt. The more you stay with him the more you will feel like you are suffocating. I know I can't tell you that you deserve better. You have to know your worth and not just settle for just anyone. Its like he's just sweeping you right under the rug, and you are still with him. What are you doing, love get out of that relationship. I had an ex who treated me like a dog and I didn't even ask for a lot. I stayed longer than I should've stayed but I did learn from it. If I were you I would get out of that relationship asap. You should know that you deserve better. He isn't worth your time and you should know that. If you are unhappy than leave, if you know you deserve better than move on and let go. He doesn't sound like the right guy for you if you ask me.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I think you should break up with him. As far as whether or not you'll regret it? Long term, no, I don't think you will. It will be painful at first, especially if he was your first boyfriend, but you need to move on from this relationship and soon.

Why? Because you could get stuck in a pattern. You could soon begin to feel like this is all that you're worth even though you're worth far more than this.

• No real guy worth your time would ever be a jerk.
    If one is, he isn't worth it, and he sure as hell doesn't deserve you.

I suggest breaking up with him.

• if he puts u down constantly... then he's a jerk basically... so yeah dump him better!

What Girls Said 2

• why would you regret leaving him if it sounds like all he does is stress you out? unless you enjoy being put down I would suggest moving on. you've mentioned a lot of red flags so you should leave sooner rather than later.

• Yes! No girl deserves to be treated like that! You don't deserve that. Yes, it's going to hurt at first but eventually you'll forget about him and you'll have someone new and someone who treats you like a god.