Girls, Letting go and how you do it?

How do you let go of someone who really mattered to you. I go through a cycle of where I'm depressed, then it flows into a spiteful person and then I usually lock it away. I've been going through this for a about I don't know 4 months now. there's times where I want her to burn, and other times where I just want to hold her again. I know it won't work out between us we have to many underlining issues, and I just can't put myself through it again. I don't want to remember her anymore, I don't to remember hearing the steps to my room, or the smile she carried when I made her happy. I'm tired of it, I just want to let it be.

I'm asking in the woman section to see from an more emtotional stand point, obviously all my guy friends are like "fuck'em." Which makes me laugh but I just don't see how its that easy.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I distract myself from thinking about them by doing school work or vent it out with someone who will give me good advice on how to move on. It's normal to break down and cry about it, regardless of your age or gender. A heartbreak is painful and it takes a toll on your energy. It sucks and you don't want to be like that because there's other pressuring issues that are more important than your ex. Do whatever you can to make you stop thinking about her. Stop yourself from listening to song reminding you about the break up or her. Avoid at any cost! Focus on your hobby. Make some positive changes for yourself! Practice these and you'll end up thinking about her less and less. It'll take a while but in the end it's all worth it. It almost took me about half a year but I was feeling fine and back to myself prior to him. Progress makes a difference and it's time for you to stick your head up high again and move on with your life! Wish you the absolute best and keep those eyes looking forward, not backwards!

What Girls Said 5

• It's hard, but generally speaking you have to let yourself go through the grief. It doesn't sound like you're letting yourself do that.

You have to completely experience all the negative emotions before you can actually get through them. Trying to suppress what you're feeling won't actually help. It'll just prolong the whole mess.

• If someone really mattered to me, deep down- I wouldn't let them go. They would remain in my life, in some capacity.

• Just drop them! just like that!

• Pray for her and pray to God to give you the grace to let go. It worked for me. Also pray to God remove any sexual attachments you have with her, then try and abstain from pre marital sex

• I just focused on myself. I got rid of everything my ex gave me and I cut off all contact with him and I never spoke to him. Its hard to let go but sometimes the flame dies out and that's all you can do is move on. If you need cry, then cry it helps get the pain out. Get rid of anything that reminds you of them. It wasn't easy for me to get over my first love but I did with time. I just realized that he and I had fallen out of love and we just weren't compatible anymore, it happens yes it does, you might not want it to but it does. Acting like he didn't exist helped me a lot and it helped me move on so so much. I don't wish evil on them or anything like that I just don't want anything to do with them that's all.