How often do you look up your ex on social media?

This is assuming the relationship was serious. My ex and I are friends on Facebook and I wonder this sometimes. We don't hate each other and we're pretty friendly whenever we run into each other, but it definitely wasn't a nice break up. I will admit I look at his Facebook from time to time just to see how he's doing, I think he just has "a special place in my heart", being my first real boyfriend and stuff even after 5 years. I don't want him back or anything, I absolutely love my current boyfriend and hope to have a future with him. So, how often do you do this?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a great question and something many people do more than they care to admit.

Of the exes I have on FB, a couple are still my FB friends while a couple of them are not, and I haven't bothered to friend them and vise versa.

I'll actually find myself curious as to what's going on with both the ones in my friends network and the ones who are not; especially if the relationship was serious. Like you, I have no desire to reconcile anything, but am just interested in what they're now doing.

You're no psycho stalker, you're just a normal human being checking in on segments of your life that made you who you are today.

What Guys Said 2

• Not very often, and your actions seem to say differently, in mho.

• I do not want to be with him, the relationship would definitely fail, however I do miss him as a friend from time to time.

• In the beginning, I'll admit I did it way more than I should have. It is not good for the healing process to obsess like that. Now, I only think about it if she happens to show up in my newsfeed. Which is fine, because now I can verify, she has gained 20lbs.

What Girls Said 1

• Never. When an ex becomes an ex, we are done for good. I completely delete and block them from everywhere. For me, it makes it easier to move on literately without looking back.