How do you get over your first love?

It's been 3 almost 4 months and I still can't stop feeling sad. I've been keeping myself busy, focusing on school and work. Hanging out with friends more. But I can't let her go.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• You just remove the title "First Love". The more emphasis you put on something more meaningful it is and the harder it is to let go of.

Girlfriend is just a girlfriend whether first or fiftieth.

What Girls Said 4

• I was 13 years old when I found my First True love and it is something and someone whom to this day... I have never forgotten. We were together three long years and although he was somewhat wet behind the ears in years as a teen, our love was a magical and wonderful thing that only happens in fairy tale books.
    However, as we both grow somewhat older, he started to change, and maybe it was me who was the One who pushed him away with my terrible insane jealous streak. I then wrote him a "Dear John" letter and was hoping that his response would be of that like in the movies., but sadly... it wasn't, he gave no response.
    Time went on and during that first few months, it was a nitemare that I will never forget. I never cried and felt so much pain because my poor heart was broken.
    It took six more years after the lovin' for me to still feel this pain, and with it, no gain, for no matter who I dated or tried to get into a relationship with, I would compare them to Dan.
    It wasn't until I was out on my own that we got together before he was ready to get married that year. We ended up reliving the chemistry and sizzle once more but after this, I realized I got my closure, for it wasn't the same anymore.
    You may go through much of what I had to go through, everyone is different. Perhaps you never got your own closure so your love is still this open book.
    No matter what happens, one thing is certain... you can never forget your First love because like me, I never quite loved anyone like him, even with all of the guys I have been with.
    Good luck. xx

• I don't think you truly ever do. Even though you'll become completely emotionally detached, you'll always remember them as your first love. The first person you fell completely in love with and didn't have any fears or anxieties about the relationship at any point until it fell apart.
    Blissful ignorance, in a way.

• How long was your relationship?
    It took me one entire year to get over an on and off relationship of 2 years.
    Honestly, time heals so much. One year back, I was so miserable and almost have up any hope in the possibility of me getting over him. Fast forward to right now and I'm completely over him. I did it the healthy way too, no rebounds, no crazy hookups or wild behaviour. I know it seems hard right now, but you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

first loves are always tough because there's nothing quite like them.

• You'll let her i eventually. Need more time. Some people get over it in a few months, others take a few years.

• I can't imagine feeling like this for a year

• You won't. You'll feel less day after day. And then one day, you won't feel bad about it at all. It just takes time. Meeting someone new can also help decrease the bad feelings. You'll be okay.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!