Does he regret leaving me?

We've been split up for about 6-7 weeks and haven't seen each other once. In the first few weeks, I'll admit... I begged. As shameful as if was I thought that would make him come back to me. I realised I was pushing him further away. Anyway, I took the stance that I now have to concentrate on myself, so I hit the gym, sorted out the problems that overshadowed out relationship to begin with (personal circumstances) and got myself on the road to recovery.

I deleted the Facebook and messenger app off my phone to stop myself looking for updates on him and found myself feeling better for it. After 2 weeks of being quiet online and not looking at his profile I had a gut feeling and reinstalled the apps, to find he had messaged me. The first time he's initiated contact throughout our break-up. It was a really odd message, asking me what I thought of a TV program he suggested I watched. We spoke for maybe half hour and went quiet again. Since then we have had more and more conversations, even to the point we had a giggle about what we were like together.

Today I messaged him, I asked if he still had meeting up in mind (as he said he would like to talk it out in a few weeks, this was before I went silent on him). He said sure and then we discussed a date to which would suit both our busy lives.

I guess this takes me to my original question, do you think he regrets leaving me? And do you think there is any chance of us getting back together?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an EX who still Marks his own X in your softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind whenever he feels it is time in Which-------We discussed a date to which would suit both our busy lives.
    He is most likely without a doubt in my own mind, Missing the Kissing and the history you both shared. It's Normal, it's Natural for him to be feeling this way and with what fate has now brought forth, it could very well mean... A chance of us getting back together.
    However, don't wear your heart so quick on your sleeve. The tables could be turning where he wants to be in your life, just want a bit less strife, which spells out No being hooked at the hip, just keeping it lite and simple for now with friends and even with some... benefits.
    Keep this in your own mind when you both meet up. Lay your cards on the table, tell him what you want and don't want and let the chips fall where they may, as they say.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• Absolutely he is still into you and wants to get back together. Be affectionate towards him when you meet up and remind him of what he has been missing.

• Meet up, You say you have worked on yourself, and the issues are gone...
    It's a clean slate for you both, treat it as such and have fun :)

• Hell yes he does. He doesn't know what he's missing out on.

• That's a question only he can answer. Maybe you can ask him when you do eventually meet up

What Girls Said 2

• I think he may want you back. Maybe he regrets leaving you... You can't be too sure right now. Only time will tell. (On the date that you two set up to meet on)

• It is possible, but it's possible he just misses you in his life and wants to remain on good terms. It's always dangerous when we read too much into things and get our hopes up because it can lead to disappointment and pain.

Go meet up with him but don't expect anything. Whatever will happen, will happen.