Guys, How to tell my bf I'm done with long distance?

I'm done with long distance and I'm writing him a letter to explain. How do I write a long, nice, descriptive letter? Examples please! Thank you :)

Thanks :)

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually the shorter the better. Long letters can be annoying to read, and it won't beat around the bush if you just keep it short and simple.

All you need to say is "hey, we need to talk and you're not going to like it". He'll respond with OK what's up and then you just say "look, I've had a nice time with you and all that butttt I feel like this just isn't working out, the long distance thing, I hope you can understand this and I hope we can remain friends (though it's nearly impossible to stay friends with an ex)". That's all you need to say. He may try and persuade you to stay but as long as you stand your ground, you'll be fine

• Thanks! This is exactly what I needed

• Oh, and good luck. breaking up is one of the hardest things to do. That, and, getting a job. So, good luck, if you need any more help, hit me up

What Guys Said 5

• Um, wow ok. You wanna make sure you do this easy, cuz you can really hurt him if your note is even a little hurtful. Try something like: "Hey, maybe you feel this way too, but this long distance relationship is really taking its toll on me, and the distance between us has taken the love out of this relationship. I'm really sorry it turned out this way, but I hope you can find a girl that will make you happy" something like that ;}. basically we are trying to save as much of his feelings as possible so he doesn't hate you/never wanna speak to you again. hope this helped in some small way ;)

• Just be direct with him, tell him exactly why, and keep it simple. Tell him it's not working out at all because of the distance. If I want to break up with someone, I'd say something simply like. "I've searched it with all my heart, but I just don't think that you and I are right for one another, I'm so sorry and I hope you can understand that"

• breaking up with him? just tell him straight and be as nice as you can.

• Put yourself in his shoes, and imagine just how exactly you'd want to be dumped.

• Just communicate, be direct open and honest