Boyfriend broke up with me, I want to move out to shiw him I'm better off. Is this a bad idea?

My bf joined the military and broke up with me. He's going to come back in four months and he's going to be very fit (he was somewhat chubby before he left).
Before he left, I had no job and was pretty much a bum. Now I have a job and I want to move out so that when he comes back, I have something to show for it. Is this a really bad reason? I need some advice

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Did he break up with you because he was going into the military? And nomatter what reason you have, it's always good to stand on your own.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You don't have to show urself to him deliberately to get him back, just be confident. If he asks, say you ve got a job already, he will realize the differences of you. If he satisfied with you, he will definitely talk to you. Then, you may consider whether the man is serious or not.

• So he dumped you but you're still living in his house? Yeah, definitely move out.

• Girl I'm in the same boat! Get hot and fit for yourself. Not a guy..