Is it really over?

When a girl loses her feelings for someone, can those feelings be renewed later on or is her decision final?

78

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol. 1. People in general have no clue how their feelings work
    2. It's really unpredictable. I've known girls that flat out dumped me then turned around and begged for me back. And I've known girls that when they said it was done it was done (or was never there in the first place)

What it all boils down to is this. Get over it. It's a lot harder than it sounds I know but it's your only choice. Stop asking why she said this or did that. The answers won't help much. You got to just learn to roll with the punches. She wants to leave let her there's a reason she dated you in the first place and if she liked it someone else probably will. She lost feelings that's fine sometimes it happens no need to make a big deal out of it just keep pushing. No need to be mad or sad. You're gonna want to feel this way but that's just because of biology. But the truth is none of this is actually going to hurt you and none of this is going to have to big of an impact on your life in the long run unless you let it. It's hard to see now but that's the truth

What Girls Said 7

• It depends

I'd say it depends on why she left or lost feelings and
    How you two resolved things...

Personally I've only seen it happen once or twice

It happened once with my best friend, he kept trying and finally got her.. They're still together 4 years later and she's happy he never gave up on her

For me only once, dated, things ended badly, I didn't speak to him for six months, I was pissed
    he pushed and he pushed. Finally I just gave in, we've been good friends since. "Would I date him again, probably not but he has matured a lot so maybe if we're both 25-30 I'll give it a go"

Wait twice, I took someone back once
    It wasn't awkward at all feelings were still there
    It was like we never took a break
    He fucked up again "those feelings are absolete now"

Its honestly hard to repair broken relationships
    If you're expecting her to just fall out of the sky back into your life, I wouldn't hold my breath on it
    If you want to try again do so at your own discretion
    "Don't expect support from a crowd or friends though"

If you really need answers and/or validation just ask her so you can move foward with your life with or without her

• Hooked up once with an amazing guy, been with him for like a month and I was very much in love. Then he wanted us to have sex and I freaked out when he got naked lol (I was still a virgin). So I dumped him. Soon after that I regretted, but he already found another girl and he's been with her ever since. I guess this doesn't count?
    Besides that, nope, I never renewed my emotions for an ex (maybe because I am stil friends with every single one of them?). As soon as another guy steps in, the old one is a history.

• I just have to add that it doesn't mean she lost her feelings if she is acting like she did. I recently got dumped and even though I am acting like I don't feel a thing anymore, I still do. If he asked me straight to the point I would be honest and tell I still have feelings for him. So be sure that she actually tells you that she has lost all her feelings.

• I have never resurrected feelings for someone once the feeling was gone. Especially if I lost respect for them in the process of losing feelings.

• It honestly depends on the situation. If it was a minor issue or someone moved away for a while and came back, I could get some of those feelings back. If it was something major, then I tend to cut all ties with that person and move on.

• This is going to sound like a generic answer, but it could be both. You really don't know. Circumstances can change, but I would not hold out hope. I would definitely move on.

I'm sorry if this is about you.

• You should assume it's final. Don't try to force her feelings to come back because it'll come across like you don't respect her decision and only push her further away. If she wants to renew them, she'll initiate it.

• Yes it is.

What Guys Said 7

• If a girl dumps you, her feelings don't fade away instantly, she needs a time to move on. This is when you have a chance to get back with her.

Now, if she's dumped you, you've begged and pleaded her to stay with you for months... you've got little to no chance. You've pretty much blown it.

What's your situation like?

• I think it depends how much her interest level was lowered..
    Too low and your out for good..
    On the other hand, if not too much damage has been done, in time it's definitely possible the interest comes back for whatever reason

• https://youtu.be/bTi9eJqkxng

Breaking up is like knocking over a Coke machine. You can't do it in one push. You gotta rock it back and forth a few times, and then it goes over.

• Its over trust me once a woman feelings are gone there gone. Just be happy it did not end with her staying with u but secretly resenting you then cheating

• No no no no and no
    Also no
    And in the end... no
    It's just like when something is broken
    Is it's better to buy a new one than fixing it
    Same goes to us humans...

• It's highly unlikely to return at all.

• When it's over, it's REALLY over. I have never successfully reconciled with an ex, and I don't know a single person who has successfully done that. You can't go back, so once it's over, learn from the experience and move on.