Should I consider breaking up with him?

I'm having thoughts about breaking up with my boyfriend. I do like him, and we get on really well, I just worry we're too much like 'friends'. I find myself being more attracted to other guys, and I can't help but be tempted, but I never would cheat on him. I'm also worried he's much more into me then I am him, - which I think is because he told me he'd liked me for ages, whereas I only started considering him after we got off at a party... I don't want to do it now as we're both in the middle of our exams, and I think it would affect that, but how do I know whether its a good idea to break up with someone or not? :S

25

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, as I have said a thousand times on this board, straight men are not the "friends" you think they are. Guys stay "friendly" with women because we hope to one day have sex with them. There is no other reason a straight guy is friends with a woman... in the true definition of the word friend. They can be friendly.
    if you want to be with other guys more then you want to be with the one your with, then you should just break up. Otherwise your going to cheat on him and that is just a disgusting thing to do. and once a cheater always a cheater

• That not true. I can be friend with someone I have zero sexual interest in. Girl do get friendzoned too.

• and I call bullshit. No straight guy is a true friend to a woman and if she offered a blow job or sex you would just say no (assuming your single at that time). every straight guy would take her up on it.

What Guys Said 4

• You don't need a good reason to break up with someone, you just need a reason.

Go ahead and break up with him if you don't like him all that much. You doing him a favor by letting him move on to someone else who share the same level of interest as he does.

• I think you are more friends with him than want to date him. Wait till after exams and then ease out of relationship.

• no no... y break up? seems u r both get along well... no?

• They say that if you really love someone/something, let it go, but, I'm not really sure

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't like him in that way then break up with him, don't drag him alone. Just tell him How you feel and hopefully he doesn't take it too hard.

• Wait till after exams because it could really affect his concentration and that isn't fair especially if you aren't sure