Why do people think this about exs?

When you get dumped by a girl and she reaches out after a couple of weeks or a month, people tell me "If she wants to get back with you she would tell you".

Is a girl seriously going to be so upfront and be like "Hey, I'm sorry for dumping you, please come find me and fuck my brains out" LOL? I admit that's a crude example, but I know a lot of lads would LOVE their ex to say that.

Fact is, she isn't... she's going to orbit around you and is going to WAIT until you ask her out.

Why are there so many idiots who think it?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the way you think... :)
    Your FACT is 100% accurate at least for me it is...

I know a lot of guys who think their exs are just going to orbit back to them too.. Lol

I guess it just gives them a sense of false hope and temporary mental peace thinking oh she'll come back..

• You missed the point completely. Woooosh...

People who say "If an ex wants you back, they'll come at tell you" ... they won't. When they reach out (orbit you) and you don't respond or you don't ask them out or something, they'll walk the walk.

• I don't know many girls who would try again after that
      I know some girls who wouldn't even reach once so I don't know if it can be applied to all breakups but to some yes

• "And just be like I want you but I don't think it's in female nature to do so..", no you're right, it isn't.

As men, it's our duty to make the first moves and be assertive... women don't want to be in control.

A dumper might reach out several times before giving up... it does depend on residual feelings though, the more she likes him/cares about him and misses him, the more effort she'll put in.

And like I said... if she has 0 feelings, she won't bother.

What Girls Said 1

• You are exactly right ! If she doesn't care anymore she won't look back at all ! And if she is orbiting around , even though she doesn't come right out and say it - she's wanting you back ! Then there are those who are wanting you back, but are too full of ego to swallow their pride to even look back to orbit because they know just orbiting tells the guy they are regretting dumping them.

• So you think, after 2 weeks of no contact, my ex sending me a text is just that - that she's having second thoughts, or at the very least she's suffering from conflicting feelings?

• That is very possible, but the good thing is you know she regrets it so you can text her ! Though I wouldn't wait too long because she will convince herself you don't care and make herself believe she made the right decision the first time and then move on.

• Oh, and don't be afraid to tell her it took you a few days to figure it out ! Otherwise she might question why it took you so long.

What Guys Said 3

• I agree, if she has any interest she will put herself in your orbit.
    Then it's up to you to take this opportunity and make something happen, otherwise you'll lose the chance

• Do you think that goes for any text, whether it's to ask you a random question (like what's the recipe for something) or she hopes your OK?

• Any initial text from an ex I believe is subtlety reaching out...
      Obviously though, different people have different motives, so it's impossible to say this is the case in every scenario

• Run dude run as far away as you can, I always heard the say fuck bitches get money and thought it was stupid but now totally believable

• because people have feelings basically... and they might feel still contected 2 their X... no?

• That's not my point though. If an ex didn't care about the guy/girl she/he dumped, he wouldn't make any effort to reach out and would just walk straight over the edge of the Earth.

If she/he does get in contact, in any shape or form, not only does she have feelings, but she/he's likely having second thoughts OR at least conflicted feelings - i. e doesn't know what they want.

I always assume that if an ex contacts me, that she wants to go on a date and 8/10 that's what happens.

My previous ex didn't reach out at all... she even blocked me on FB, so she didn't want anything to with me... this time round she contacted me after maybe 2 weeks.

• I noticed the difference between my previous ex and this one.

Even though I barely dated my previous ex (1 month) and this one (11 months), there were striking differences.

I went NC with both of them. Ex #1 didn't bother... Ex #2 contacted me recently.

You're right @Wintryamythyst... No girl is going to risk being rejected and say "Please take me back, I made the wrong choice" - NO GIRL WILL EVER.

It's a man's duty to let his hand out.