How long can you tolerate mistreatment?

In all of my relationships I've never left anyone, they usually drop me and I was always cheated on. For the past 10 months I've been involved with this guy, endured multiple instances where he cheated, ignored me, flirted with people in front of me, and said he hated me. Then about a week ago something clicked in me and now I just hope he never talks to me again. He tried last night but I ignored it. I feel like a weight has been lifted, today I even sat in the sun and felt content in life. I used to basically beg him for attention now I'm indifferent. Isn't it funny how we have to sometimes be pushed to our limits before all feelings are lost? How much have you put up with and how have you grown?

82

Most Helpful Girl

• I had to grow up kind of fast for my family's situation.. So I'm not a typical teenager in a lot of ways. I dont play the game where we are broken up then we get back together and off and on again. When we are done we are done and its for the best. And I can see when a guy just wants to get in my pants. I always get told I have learned quickly what most young adults take a while to learn. But I dont tolerate it at all. I get we are all human and we make mistakes but cheating and unfaithful activities are not worth my time i am not playing that game. Go do that else where to someone more likely to fall for it. I dont have time for petty arguments and if you don't trust me then there's just not a good enough trust level for a real relationship. Also over protectiveness gets on my nerves. I can do things myself and if you're offended by those small things that I don't want you to do then you don't understand my personality. Again not a good thing you need to understand someone to be in a healthy relationship with them

• by the way I'm really glad you figured this out for yourself. You shouldn't allow him to treat you like that. So you go girl!

What Guys Said 2

• You shouldn't tolerate mistreatment. You should be with a guy that respects you, appreciates you, and love you for who you are.

• Let life live girl, I have learned that a good person who is the most important part of your life is not the end of a life and the whole time you have been missing out on the one that has been in the mists patiently waiting for you to come around the corner into their arms. My point is hun... dont dwell on what hasn't made you happy all the time and focus on what's in front of you before that to is also gone. happiness may have been in front of you tho whole time, it just took you opening up your eyes to see it clearly. Hope this helps... i have just went through the whole thing for three years and I missed my happiness, don't miss yours boo

What Girls Said 7

• Good for you :). Take it as a sign that you need to be alone and focus on yourself for a while. There's a reason you attract these sorts of men into your life, so maybe its time to address why that is and hopefully become happier as a result. Your happiness and well-being should always come first. xx

• It sounds to me like you need to be careful to actually learn your lesson this time. You said this has been the case with most of the men you date, so learn the signs and know your worth! It sounds like your type is an a**hole! I've been there girlfriend! Date someone out of your norm who worships you instead of the other way around. Trust me, my relationship is amazing and is proof that this works! :)

• My ex was a jerk. Selfish and annoying as hell. I dumped him after 8 years. I lost love for him years before the break up. I tolerate too much crap. I never cheated on him and I don't think he cheated either. I'm married now to someone else and I'm so in love. He likes to flirt and I think he cheated on me when we were dating and I didn't know till a year in our marriage. it's all talk from others not from his mouth. He lies sometimes. I can't leave. He's the only one that was there when I lost everything. My job, house, car, pets. I lost it all and I moved in with him.

• Congrats on leaving him! That's a huge step, you must be so much stronger now.

• I was mentally abused and manipulated by my ex-boyfriend of ten months. He's the one who broke up with me and I have lost all contact with him.
    It was hard for me to get away from him and I still don't know why

• If someone mistreats me to the point of where I can't forgive them, I drop them from my life. My life is to make me happy and comfortable, and anyone who goes against that doesn't deserve to be in it.

• We accept the treatment we think we deserve.

If you have low self-esteem and think you don't deserve to be treated better, you will put up with a lot of shitty treatment. If you love yourself and know you deserve better, you won't stand for it. You will be happier being single than you will be putting up with someone who doesn't treat you with love and respect.