Are breakups ever easy for either party?

When I was younger I used to assume breakups are easy for the person doing the dumping but now I feel like I'm realizing it seems more complicated than that. So are breakups ever easy?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• No, they are never easy. Most breaups involve a person you've loved over a long period. And for whom you would have gone through a fire.
    If things start to go wrong, the preferred solution is to solve the problem and not to break up.
    So if everything continues to go wrong and "the decision" need to be made it's quite normal it feels like a couple of heavy sand bags on your shoulders!

What Guys Said 5

• It's hard for both parties... there isn't a "dumpers have it easier" scenario - simply because all break ups are different.

If both parties truly loved each other, then it's inevitably going to be pretty darn hard for both of them.

• Never ever easy

• No they are super important in life though, they need to happen and always work out better when they do. It's just important to move on. Sometimes heartbreak feels good in a way.

• this is how breaks should happen.

https://youtu.be/T9W_jW4e_uY

• Nope, not if they were truly into each other

What Girls Said 3

• Was it you who broke up?

• I'm not breaking up im just asking a question

• oh okay, thought you dumped someone and then felt bad. i think the only thing that dumper feels is boredom and emptiness, don't believe it's hard for them at all.

• I would say no. Unless you weren't really dating. Then it ain't no thang.

• No, but over time it will get easier. Stop looking at his social media, stop worrying about him, and focus on yourself. I am currently in your exact shoes. What helps me is to imagine your future relationship with a guy who treats you how you want to be treated. Now, you will never get to him if you continue to stay with the man you are with. A breakup is like losing a best friend; of course it will be hard. But you need to have enough trust in yourself that you made the right decision.