Is emotional cheating worse than physical?

My ex and I were together for about 10 months and were very serious (he bought a house, was planning on moving in, etc.). Around Valentine's Day he started to become more and more distant. I kept seeing this girls name pop up on his phone and I suspected something was up. I knew they were friends but why were they talking all day everyday and they work together... one day he forgot his phone at home and I looked at the text messages. There was a lot of flirting going on in them and a lot of emojis. Basically how he used to text me is how he was texting her now. He also made plans with her outside of work to go running and work out. Finally enough was enough so I told him we needed to talk. I wanted to fix us, not end us but he said the passion for him was gone and he didn't know if he had anything left to fight for in the relationship. I asked him if it was because of her and he said no repeatedly and said they were just friends and she had a boyfriend. He was cheated on by both of his past long term relationships so he kept saying he would never cheat. Flash forward a week later when we met to return each other's stuff... I asked about her again and he denied, denied, denied. Well now it's been over a month since we last saw or spoke and I get a text saying that he wanted to tell me before I heard from someone else... he and that girl are dating now. I don't understand how he doesn't see that he was cheating on me emotionally with her months before we broke up. He is just as bad as his exes.

Does anyone else think emotionally cheating like that is just as bad if not worse than physically cheating?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating is cheating. Emotional cheating can hurt just as much as physical cheating.

What Guys Said 1

• yes forget him. move on he's not worth your time

What Girls Said 3

• Nope. They are equal. I would be hurt either way. He cheated on me. That's all that mattered. It doesn't matter what kind of cheating it was. He still cheated.

• I think they're both equal

• just as bad for sure i think