Did I go over board?

Recently my ex and I were going to have our 1 yr of us being together. Yet i'm terrible with dates so I didn't remember and in all reality I really don't care much for anniversaries. So on that day which was yesterday morning my ex (I say EX because I broke up with her) said she was going to come over to my place but thing is I had plans of going over to visit my parents but I told her that she's more than welcomed to join if she wanted to. So she ended up coming to my place and she kept dropping indirect hints as if I remembered what "today" was and I did and I told her that yeah basically it was 1 year. Then she started somewhat flipping so i'm assuming she was expecting something and I told her that if she was then she shouldn't be because I really didn't care much for dates. So I ended up telling her that maybe it wasn't a good idea for her to come with me to my parents that morning but she insisted so I brought her along. Then once we got there she slowly but surely tried to flip out on me right in front of my parents and to me that was the drawing line. I just wasn't about to let her disrespect me in front of my parents. On the spot I broke up with her in front of my parents and kicked her out of my parents house and told her to wait outside for her mom to pick her up and take her home. Even though I don't care much for the relationship, I feel that telling her to wait outside was pushing it and maybe giving her a ride back home would have been a better way to end the relationship?

53

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• I personally think you went too far..
    No, she shouldn't have tried to create a scene informer of your parents..

But you were with this girl for a year, and to just dump her on the spot and make her wait outside for a ride home.. But you're saying you dont care much for the relationship, so she obviously wasn't true right girl for you

• I understand why she was upset. I would be do. But she should have been mature about it and not bring your parents into it. I think both of you wronged each other though...

• She sounds like a total childish brat. Getting upset because of a stupid date doesn't make any sense. Most people don't even remember them because they just don't matter.

• She sounds like a bitch anyways.

What Guys Said 3

• Nooope.. not at all.

• You did good kid

• Nah you did just about the right thing. Women are like untrained dogs; if you fail to domesticate them from the first mistake they get the hang of it and the situation repeats itself over and over again. Your ex needed to be put in her place.