Why is it so hard to get over someone who you feel like is only toxic to your life anyways?

The question speaks for itself. You know someone isn't good for you, yet you still cling to the relationship as if it's impossible to do better. Especially when you know you'll find better. Why do people do this?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you expect that things will change for the better. In this case, you expect the guy to change and hopefully realize that you're "the one" for him and so you stick around waiting for that moment to happen (you feel as if this is the "only". Unfortunately, life doesn't always work like they do in movies or dramas. Trust your gut feelings. If you're not getting any good reactions from them, cut them out.

• Yea, you're right!!! Smh

• You're hopelessly wishing for a miracle that will bring you two closer than before. I'm sorry to say but it will not happen. It's a good time to stop clinging on to those that isn't showing any effort in the relationship (one sided relationship sucks!) while you're doing "all" of the work. It isn't fair to you so for your sake, leave them. I know how you feel. I believe you do deserve the best. I've been there before.

What Guys Said 5

• They don't want to be alone or start all over again.

• To avoid the grieving process. It makes sense; "letting go" as a proposition is more stressful than keeping the person around; you will naturally work to avoid stress so take the lesser of the two evils even if long-term that is not in your favor.

• maybe because some people want others 2 make them feel good instead of "toxic"?

• Because she was the only woman that ever made me feel confident or good about myself.

It sucks, I know that she's bad... she manipulated me perfectly...

I hate it

• cause ur a women

What Girls Said 1

• Because their is something about them you like and will over look the bad things about them because of it.